[comp.sys.novell] 3.11 upgrade / LJIID problems

jzh2485@zeus.tamu.edu (HINTON, JOHNNY ZANE) (05/09/91)

	Well, based on the paltry reponse I got on my original post re::
	Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.11 problems, I assumed there must not have
	been any problems or that no one wanted to share their problems.
	(BTW thanks to those who emailed suggestions).  So last night I
	upgraded our server to 3.11 and have acquired a new problem in
	printing from a network printer.  It seems that a job is *randomly*
	being interupted in which case 8-12 characters (read; garbage) are
	printed out and then the font changes.  This has happened during
	Wordstar and Harvard Graphics printing.  I am at a loss.  Does
	anyone have any ideas?

			John Z. Hinton - JZH2485@zeus.tamu.edu
			College of Science
			Texas A&M University

Jons@cup.portal.com (Jonathan S Spangler) (05/14/91)

>	printing from a network printer.  It seems that a job is *randomly*
>	being interupted in which case 8-12 characters (read; garbage) are
>	printed out and then the font changes.  This has happened during
>	Wordstar and Harvard Graphics printing.  I am at a loss.  Does
>	anyone have any ideas?
>
>			John Z. Hinton - JZH2485@zeus.tamu.edu
>			College of Science
>			Texas A&M University

I too, would be interested in an answer -- what version of PSERVER are you
running? I have v1.21, and have had the same problem with printers that are
on ports *on* the server. There are several printers defined remotely, all of
which seem to work well. BUT, my HP series II hooked to the server has the
same problem you describe. Except I'm just doing DOS printing -- nothing
fancy -- and still  getting garbage...

Aloha,
Jonathan
jons@cup.portal.com

oowwoo@mixcom.COM (Tom J. Vandenberg) (05/21/91)

In article <42307@cup.portal.com> Jons@cup.portal.com (Jonathan S Spangler) writes:
>>	printing from a network printer.  It seems that a job is *randomly*
>>	being interupted in which case 8-12 characters (read; garbage) are
>I too, would be interested in an answer -- what version of PSERVER are you
>running? I have v1.21, and have had the same problem with printers that are
>on ports *on* the server. There are several printers defined remotely, all of
>which seem to work well. BUT, my HP series II hooked to the server has the

We also ran into the same problem. I talked to Novell and they recommended going
back to v1.20 of the PSERVER NLM.  Check out Netwire or Novell's BBS.  I've
downloaded it but haven't had a chance to try it.

Tom Vandenberg, CNE
oowwoo@mixcom.com

jzh2485@zeus.tamu.edu (HINTON, JOHNNY ZANE) (05/23/91)

In article <797@mixcom.COM>, oowwoo@mixcom.COM (Tom J. Vandenberg) writes...

	deletia recomending switching back to the older version on PSERVER

>back to v1.20 of the PSERVER NLM.  Check out Netwire or Novell's BBS.  I've
>downloaded it but haven't had a chance to try it.

	I tried this early this morning and have not had any recent
complaints.   I sure hope this step has taken care of the gremlins.

		John Z.
		JZH2485@zeus.tamu.edu