[comp.sys.novell] Print Server is SLOW

wfp5p@euclid.acc.Virginia.EDU (William F. Pemberton) (05/25/91)

I am having a problem with the Print Server for Netware 386 (v3.1).  It
prints jobs VERY slowly, on the order of 10 times slower then if the printer
is used as a dedicated printer.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to speed this puppy up?

Thanks in advance!

| Bill Pemberton         |    flash@virginia.edu  -OR- wfp5p@virginia.edu     |
| University of Virginia |                                                    |
| (804) 978-1654         |     "Itch me, but please don't scratch me."        |

lsh@polari.UUCP (Lee Hauser) (05/26/91)

In article <1991May24.193413.29152@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> wfp5p@euclid.acc.Virginia.EDU (William F. Pemberton) writes:
>I am having a problem with the Print Server for Netware 386 (v3.1).  It
>prints jobs VERY slowly, on the order of 10 times slower then if the printer

Do you mean the server is slow in getting jobs from the workstation to the
printer, or that the jobs are slow once they get to the printer?  Do you have
the timeout set in your capture command?  You may need timeout so jobs don't
print all over each other, depending on how the software you're printing from
builds pages.  We have timeout set to 30 seconds for typical text pages from
WordPerfect, much longer for graphics.

--
                  uw-beaver!sumax!polari!lsh -- lsh@polari