[comp.sys.novell] Too many local drives

cosc137e@menudo.uh.edu (STUDENT_91S9795) (05/26/91)

I have 7 local drives in my local IBM PC ( from A: to G: ), once I log into
Novell, I lost my local drives F: anf G:. Is anyone out there can help me
get back my drives? Thank you!

davem@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Dave McCrady) (05/27/91)

cosc137e@menudo.uh.edu (STUDENT_91S9795) writes:

> I have 7 local drives in my local IBM PC ( from A: to G: ), once I log into
> Novell, I lost my local drives F: anf G:. Is anyone out there can help me
> get back my drives? Thank you!

  add a line to your config.sys file which says:

   lastdrive=g

  That will get your local partitions back.  You will then have to login
from drive H:.

   Dave McCrady                 |  davem@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca
+1 403-454-4054 (voice)         |  Edmonton Remote Systems
+1 403-454-6093 (public USENET) |  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

shevett@dworkin.UUCP ( Sysop) (05/29/91)

davem@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Dave McCrady) writes:
>cosc137e@menudo.uh.edu (STUDENT_91S9795) writes:
>> I have 7 local drives in my local IBM PC ( from A: to G: ), once I log into
>> Novell, I lost my local drives F: anf G:.
>  add a line to your config.sys file which says:
>   lastdrive=g
>
>  That will get your local partitions back.  You will then have to login
>from drive H:.
Here's a similary query: I have local drives C,D,E,F,G, and a novell
server to gab with.  I'd like to leave drive F as my server (so the other
techno-handicapped folks at my office won't have kittens when working on my
PC).  Is there any way I can tell my shell or whatever to force drive F as
the net server, and map local drives around 'em?  (I can't even use a
RAMdisk because of too many drive ID's)

Dave Shevett - shevett@mccc.edu  <or> shevett@dworkin.amber.mccc.edu