[comp.sys.novell] Undeleting Files ?

cazi@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Gazaal) (05/30/91)

	Hi,
		I have a question regarding the "undeleting" of files
accidently deleted by an user. A user, by mistake, deleted a file on the
server.  By using the "Salvage" command we cannot seem to recover the file.
Is there any way that we can restore the files which have been deleted?
	I believe that Norton Utilities (the newest version) might have the
capability to recover lost (deleted) files.  An older version can
certainly can do that on local  drives. Anyone out there have any
experience with Norton, or a similar problem?
	BTW, the files that were lost were Dbase data and index files and
we have Novell 2.2 with a 386 dedicated server.
	Please feel free to send me email or post since others might
	be interested.
		Shaminder
		email:cazi@elbereth.rutgers.edu

dbielik@sunb.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Danny Bielik) (05/30/91)

In article <May.29.15.37.44.1991.1263@elbereth.rutgers.edu> cazi@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Gazaal) writes:
>	Hi,
>		I have a question regarding the "undeleting" of files
>accidently deleted by an user. A user, by mistake, deleted a file on the
>server.  By using the "Salvage" command we cannot seem to recover the file.
>Is there any way that we can restore the files which have been deleted?

Your best bet might just be to load up the files from the last backup and
re-enter the new data.  You will probably save a lot of time and not have
to go to the expense of buying utilities.

you do make daily backups...don't you??

* Danny Bielik                                                                *
* dbielik@suna.mqcc.mq.oz.au                                                  *
* Macquarie University - Sydney Australia                                     *
* Phone (W) +61-2-212-6699 Fax +61-2-281-7394                                 *