[comp.sys.novell] IDE and Netware 2.2

jfb@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Jamie Bradford) (05/18/91)

I am trying to set up a Netware 2.2 network using a 100MB IDE drive, and
have run into  a snag.  The drive is set up as drive type 48 (user defined),
so I get the Invalid ROM Parameter Table message one expects.  Under 2.15
I would pull out Disk Manager N, and all would be hunky dory.  But I'm
not sure if I can do that with 2.2, and I would prefer not to do so if I
can avoid it.

Does anyone out there know if DMN will work with 2.2?  If so, how?  If not,
does ontrack expect to ship an update?  Is there another way?  Should I give
it up now?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jamie Bradford
jfb@naucse.cse.nau.edu

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (05/31/91)

In article <3745@naucse.cse.nau.edu> jfb@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Jamie Bradford) writes:
>I am trying to set up a Netware 2.2 network using a 100MB IDE drive, and
>have run into  a snag.  The drive is set up as drive type 48 (user defined),
>so I get the Invalid ROM Parameter Table message one expects.  Under 2.15
>I would pull out Disk Manager N, and all would be hunky dory.  But I'm
>not sure if I can do that with 2.2, and I would prefer not to do so if I
>can avoid it.
>
>Does anyone out there know if DMN will work with 2.2?  If so, how?  If not,
>does ontrack expect to ship an update?  Is there another way?  Should I give
>it up now?

I've been told that DMN has a brand new release that will work with 2.2.
Setting up IDE drives with NW is tricky.  Use a capacity in the CMOS drive
table that closely matches but does not exceed the formatted capacity of the
IDE drive.  Let the IDE do the sector head xlat and leave DMN out.

Ken

--
Ken Haynes, CNE
900 Support.... Novell Technical Support 7 Days a week/24 Hours a day