[comp.sys.novell] Problems with Netware WATCHDOG

toad@athena.mit.edu (John P. Jackson) (05/22/91)

Hi!

	I'm sorry if I'm reviving an already resolved issue, but I now find
myself with a question about the Watchdog in Netware 386 3.1 Rev A on a Compaq
Deskpro 386/25 server.  All station connections are being killed at either
11:07:59 pm or 12:07:39 am, or within a minute or so of those two times every
day.  It's kind of weird because this doesn't happen during any other time of
the day, even when people leave their station for hours at a time.  I tried
running a utility called 'alive' on one of the stations (I think that may have
been part of an old 'Watchdog' thread?), but this seemed to make no difference
whatsoever in curing the problem.  I'm running 3.01 Rev B. for the shell, with
3C503 ethernet adapters.  I'm using v3.00EC (900507) of 3Com's driver.  All the
workstations are also running a TSR called LAN Assist Plus, V3.0K.  I also
called Novell.  The tech there hadn't run into the problem before (?) and could
only agree with me in thinking that getting the latest version of the shell
might help...  Is this an "already solved problem" that someone could tell me
the answer to?  In any event, thank you very much in advance for anyone who
can give me a hand with this.  Later!

John Jackson
toad@athena.mit.edu
:-)

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May22.151545.10351@athena.mit.edu> toad@athena.mit.edu (John P. Jackson) writes:
>Hi!
>
>	I'm sorry if I'm reviving an already resolved issue, but I now find
>myself with a question about the Watchdog in Netware 386 3.1 Rev A on a Compaq
>Deskpro 386/25 server.  All station connections are being killed at either
>11:07:59 pm or 12:07:39 am, or within a minute or so of those two times every
>day.  It's kind of weird because this doesn't happen during any other time of
>the day, even when people leave their station for hours at a time.  I tried
>running a utility called 'alive' on one of the stations (I think that may have
>been part of an old 'Watchdog' thread?), but this seemed to make no difference
>whatsoever in curing the problem.  I'm running 3.01 Rev B. for the shell, with
>3C503 ethernet adapters.  I'm using v3.00EC (900507) of 3Com's driver.  All the
>workstations are also running a TSR called LAN Assist Plus, V3.0K.  I also
>called Novell.  The tech there hadn't run into the problem before (?) and could
>only agree with me in thinking that getting the latest version of the shell
>might help...  Is this an "already solved problem" that someone could tell me
>the answer to?  In any event, thank you very much in advance for anyone who
>can give me a hand with this.  Later!

You need the watchdog patch for NW 3.1, available on CI$, or upgrade to
NW 3.11.

Ken

--
Ken Haynes, CNE
900 Support.... Novell Technical Support 7 Days a week/24 Hours a day

cazi@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Gazaal) (06/01/91)