[comp.sys.novell] Printer useage logging - WANTED

elaps@lut.ac.uk (Alan Schwarzenberger) (05/31/91)

Does anyone know of utilities to monitor printer useage on a per page
basis? (wanted for a laserjet III on Pserver on NW386) I imagine it's
difficult to do as you may not know how many pages there are until it's
printed.
--
Yours,

Alan Schwarzenberger

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (06/02/91)

In article <1991May31.153153.7126@lut.ac.uk>, elaps@lut.ac.uk (Alan Schwarzenberger) writes:
> Does anyone know of utilities to monitor printer useage on a per page
> basis? (wanted for a laserjet III on Pserver on NW386) I imagine it's
> difficult to do as you may not know how many pages there are until it's
> printed.
> --
> Yours,
>
> Alan Schwarzenberger

Last year I wrote a package to count the number of pages in a PCL Level IV
file, being sent to an HP Laserjet II. At the moment I am expanding it to
include paintjet commands (for colour etc), and hopefully postscript. Send me
some email if youd like to try it out. We have been using it for about a year
now and it seems to work pretty good.

|  Hamish Marson   <h.marson@waikato.ac.nz>                                    |
|  Computer Support Person,  Computer Science Department                     |
|  University of Waikato                                                     |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |