>From donkin (Michael Donkin) Sat May 21 19:08:01 1983
Subject: MTV videos
Newsgroups: net.music

As a "musician", I find many of the videos on MTV kind of
pathetic. Are there really that many people that want to
watch vocalists struggling to lipsync convincingly, and
groups "playing" instruments that aren't even plugged in?

The good thing about the live concert segments and specials
is that at least we know what we hear is actually being
played. Many times I have heard a song on the radio with a
hot guitar lick and wondered "How did he do that?" This is
where the live footage can really be educational and
interesting.

Sure, MTV provides a great medium for "artsy" videos (i.e.,
Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy"), and for videos with a message
(Devo's "It's a Beautiful World"). But I, for one, prefer
the no-frills live concert clips (along the lines of Rush's
"Limelight" and Jethro Tull's "Aqualung").

		Rock Rock 'til Ya Drop,
			Mike Donkin

UNKNOWN:vmicro1@ucbvax.UUCP (06/08/83)

This is another test

zaphod@mit-eddie.UUCP (Chris Ross) (10/14/83)

foo
bar
It's here.

allen@sunybcs.UUCP (Seth Allen) (05/10/84)

This is a test,
and only a test.

ane@hal.UUCP (08/19/84)

TESTING ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... TESTING
OVER AND OUT

derek@sask.UUCP (Derek Andrew) (05/05/85)

This is being shared with the whole net because I am
having problems verifying that 2.10.2 really works.