[comp.sys.novell] MODEM INTO NETWARE 2.2

oopdavid@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu (David J. Rodman) (06/05/91)

I dialed into my office system from home with PC Anywhere.  I have placed
my modem on a workstation (5.25 floppy and tape backup-286, no HD) and
would like to call into the server to dial up the networking software.  The
server has the hard drive and my desired software for modem access.  Ideally,
one should be able to call into the modem and still use the network
simultaneously.  The dealer and the software company that sold me the system
said all this would be possible, but now that it is time to prove themselves,
they are speechless.  Can anyone out there help me?

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (06/06/91)

In article <78929@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> oopdavid@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I dialed into my office system from home with PC Anywhere.  I have placed
>my modem on a workstation (5.25 floppy and tape backup-286, no HD) and
>would like to call into the server to dial up the networking software.  The
>server has the hard drive and my desired software for modem access.  Ideally,
>one should be able to call into the modem and still use the network
>simultaneously.  The dealer and the software company that sold me the system
>said all this would be possible, but now that it is time to prove themselves,
>they are speechless.  Can anyone out there help me?

What are the symptoms?  Are you running PC Anywhere on your office workstation?
Can you grab your office workstation when the network drivers are not loaded?
What makes you say that it doesn't work?  What are your network card's hardware
settings?  Could you be conflicting with the serial port attached to your modem?

Ken

--
Ken Haynes, CNE
900 Support.... Novell Technical Support 7 Days a week/24 Hours a day