[comp.sys.novell] Laptop ethernet interface for a novell server

jim@rwsys.lonestar.org (James Wyatt KA5VJL) (06/14/91)

Does anyone know of an EtherNet adaptor that will work with a laptop as a
Novell server? I have been using a Xicor printer-port ethernet interface,
but it can not be used for server duty. I would like to take a demo on the
road in nondedicated mode, but dedicated would be fine - thanks.
----
James Wyatt (KA5VJL) - Standard disclaimer applies...          (H)817-595-0571
{letni.lonestar.org,merch.tandy.com}!rwsys.lonestar.org!jim    (W)817-390-2864

marty@wwoh.com (Martin B. Winston) (06/16/91)

jim@rwsys.lonestar.org (James Wyatt KA5VJL) writes:

> Does anyone know of an EtherNet adaptor that will work with a laptop as a
> Novell server? I have been using a Xicor printer-port ethernet interface,
> but it can not be used for server duty. I would like to take a demo on the
> road in nondedicated mode, but dedicated would be fine - thanks.

If you're willing to accept that parallel port throughput is significantly
less than a bus ethernet - especially in a server application - contact
Xircom. They have a server driver they can send you, they just don't let
folks know about it because they don't want to build expectations of good
server performance, then not deliver it.

__________/\/\.\/\/.      "May all your sins be original, or good copies."
        Marty Winston
 | Martin B. Winston, APR |  Compuserve: 71327,1266 |  uunet!wwoh!marty |\
 | Russell, OH 44072      |  MHS: Marty@WWOH        |  BIX: MartyWW     | |
 | (216) 338-8400         |  fax: 216-338-8117      |  WB8LBV           | |