[comp.sys.novell] Novell's printer VAP in v2.2

jyoull@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jim Youll) (06/15/91)

I cannot find a way to make a Netware 2.2 nondedicated server
come up and automatically assign a name to the print server when
it loads the VAP. I feel like I'm missing something simple, but
the system always pauses at a prompt, asking for the printer
server name. Can I automate this???

Thankx.

--
##
Disclaimer: Messages originating from this address are mechanically

will@ogre.cica.indiana.edu (William Sadler) (06/17/91)

In <7602@bgsuvax.UUCP> jyoull@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jim Youll) writes:

>I cannot find a way to make a Netware 2.2 nondedicated server
>come up and automatically assign a name to the print server when
>it loads the VAP. I feel like I'm missing something simple, but
>the system always pauses at a prompt, asking for the printer
>server name. Can I automate this???

This came up a while back and I believe the consensus was that there
was no way to do this automatically.  I had a power failure recently
and I was suprised to discover that the server only runs in a mode
that utilzes only part of the available memory before the print server
is loaded, so that you have to load or abort the VAPs before the
server will utilize all memory for caching.

Will

*   _______________\|/_      Will Sadler     will@cica.indiana.edu        *
*   Laser 44888    /|\                       sadler@iubacs.bitnet         *