[comp.sys.novell] Net5?? Not with MY dos5 disks!

martyz@idui1.csrv.uidaho.edu (Marty Zimmerman) (06/14/91)

I have DOS 5.0 as supplied by IBM, and there doesn't seem to be any NET5.COM
file.  Does anyone know the full story on this?  Is there a site where NET5 is
available for FTP?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------
Marty Zimmerman			 <martyz@idui1.csrv.uidaho.edu>
Computer Services		 <martyz@idui1.bitnet>
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID USA

vdra_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Valerie Drake) (06/21/91)

In <1991Jun14.154005.21017@groucho> martyz@idui1.csrv.uidaho.edu (Marty Zimmerman) writes:

>I have DOS 5.0 as supplied by IBM, and there doesn't seem to be any NET5.COM
>file.  Does anyone know the full story on this?  Is there a site where NET5 is
>available for FTP?

I believe that NET5.co_ (the compressed version of NET5.COM can be found on
disk 6 of the DOS 5.0 upgrade.  You have to use the EXPAND program (also found
on disk 6) to uncompress that to NET5.COM on your hard drive.

I do not know if NET5.COM is provided in the regular DOS 5.0 package (as
opposed to the upgrade kit).

I don't know of an FTP site for NET5.  It is available on C$erve, but in
Novell's own bulletin board.  I'm not even sure if it is legal to post it
elsewhere.

>Thanks in advance.

You are welcome

--
|                     |    +--+  +--+   o  | Carpe Diem, Seize the DAY!
|        //////       | |\/   .\/.   \/|  o| vdra_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu
|       /_   _\       | |   )) /\ ((   | o | Val & Lee Drake (The Fish Faces)
+--,,,,----U----,,,,--+ |/\+--+  +--+/\| | | University of Rochester

marcr@marque.mu.edu (Marc R.) (06/24/91)

[Subject of FTP of Novell stuff]

I've asked Novell in Provo, the Califorina offices, and the local reps all
about when Novell will open up an anonymous FTP site to carry what
Compu$erve does.  All I ever get is "We are looking ito it"

Myself, I find UseNet and the InterNet manny time more useful than Compu$erve will
ever be.   And I'd rather PAY to have the InterNet brought to my home than to
call Compu$erve for 1 minute.   (It would also be nice to see a
response from Novell on this one.)

--
Marc Rassbach       marcr@marque.mu.edu       If you take my advice, that
MS-DOS - it's not   marc@milestn.mke.wi.us    is your problem, not mine!

rick@ofa123.fidonet.org (Rick Ellis) (06/26/91)

On <Jun 14 15:40> Marty Zimmerman writes:

 MZ> I have DOS 5.0 as supplied by IBM, and there doesn't seem to be any
 MZ> NET5.COM file.  Does anyone know the full story on this?

I would assume that IBM didn't see fit to include NET5 but MS did.

 MZ> Is there a site where
 MZ> NET5 is available for FTP?

I don't know about FTP but you can download them by calling 714 939-1041.

NET5     ZIP    103691 06-14-91   6:39p
        1 file(s)     103691 bytes
                   139907072 bytes free

--