[comp.sys.novell] reccomendations for >300Meg tape backup drive

rich@aoa.UUCP (Rich Snow) (06/26/91)

Looking for reccomendations for a tape backup drive around 300Meg.
Or an 8mm backup drive selling for less than $2500.
This will be backing up server data from a workstation.

We have an old ADIC unit, which is too small. Our server may
be growing in the future, so larger is interesting.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

email to: rich@aoa.utc.com or aoa!rich@bbn.com
--
*	Rich Snow  AOA-----------------*
*       (617)864-0201

mig@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Meir) (06/27/91)

In article <1651@aoa.UUCP> rich@aoa.UUCP (Rich Snow) writes:
>Looking for reccomendations for a tape backup drive around 300Meg.
>Or an 8mm backup drive selling for less than $2500.
>This will be backing up server data from a workstation.

Why don't you get a rewriteable CD?  They are about $1000 used.

 * * * * * * ====================== (Internet) mig@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
* * * * * *  ====================== meir@msb.com  mig@asteroids.cs.columbia.edu
 * * * * * * ====================== (Amateur Radio) N2JPG