[comp.sys.novell] Where have all the ADDRESS CHANGEs gone? Long time passing.

kev@sol.acs.unt.edu (Mullet Kevin Wright) (06/28/91)

I've got a lot of servers on our backbones that get ADDRESS CHANGE messages
across their screens, and a lot that don't.

Obviously, the first thing I've got to do is document this thing,
(all the ADDRESS CHANGEs are bogus, as far as I can tell).  Assuming
that all console messages went off to SYS:SYSTEM\NET$LOG.ERR, I grabbed
that file off a few file server I *knew* had shown the messages but was
suprised to find that the messages weren't in there.

so... enough with the noise, here's the signal:

Where are address change messages which are sent to the console stored?

Please mail replies directly to me, if you can.  I'll post to the net.

-Kevin Mullet
 University of North Texas

vkk@duke.cs.duke.edu (Victor K. Kohnke) (06/29/91)

From:     Ken Hirsh <DUKE_LAW/KEN>
Subject:  Server error messages
To:       KOHNKE
Cc:       kohnke
Date:     26 Jun 91 10:09:24

Our server running SFT 2.15b went down and when I looked at the
screen it had several lines such as "Name change requested by
HARRY."

 What does this mean?
___________
Ken Hirsh
Room 127
Duke University Law Library
(919) 684-6182
Internet: ken@faculty.law.duke.edu

Victor Kohnke                    | Duke University School of Law
kohnke@faculty.law.duke.edu      | Durham, NC    (919) 684-2298
The Duke University Law School, Duke University as a whole, my former English
Teachers, family and friends formally disavow any connection with me if any
statement made is either offensive, contains inaccurate information or is
grammatically incorrect.