[comp.research.japan] Concerning Requests for copies of JIPS or IEICE publications.

jacoby@cs.titech.ac.jp (Raymond JACOBY) (12/06/90)

Dear "comp.research.japan" readers:

I have been posting the content of English publications of JIPS and
IEICE to this new newsgroup. I am doing this on a voluntary basis.
We have these journals here in our laboratory and therefore it is
easy for me to submit the content of those two.

I have received some requests for copies of some of the articles.
Please understand that I can not fulfill such requests. I can not
copy articles or letters or papers and send them all over the place.
How about copyrights for those magazines?

But in order to help establishing connections to the authors of such wanted
papers, I would like to make the following proposal. I can forward the
addresses and if available the email addresses of the authors of the articles.
Please contact me directly, if you are interested in such information for a
publication. If email to the author is possible, you might be able to get a
copy of the wanted paper in the shortest time even.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Raymond Jacoby.
Raymond Jacoby			|UUCP: ...!{hplabs,mcvax,uunet}!
Tokyo Institute of Technology	|		kddlab!cs.titech.ac.jp!jacoby
Dept. of Comp. Sci., Tohma Lab.	|ARPA/CSNET/BITNET:
Ookayama 2-12-1, Meguro-ku	|	jacoby%cs.titech.ac.jp@relay.cs.net
Tokyo 152 [+81-3-726-1111(2566)]|JUNET: jacoby@cs.titech.ac.jp
          [Fax:  +81-3-729-1399]|

rick@cs.arizona.edu (Rick Schlichting) (12/06/90)

In article <28353@megaron.cs.arizona.edu>, jacoby@cs.titech.ac.jp (Raymond
JACOBY) writes:
|>But in order to help establishing connections to the authors of such wanted
|>papers, I would like to make the following proposal. I can forward the
|>addresses and if available the email addresses of the authors of the articles.
|>Please contact me directly, if you are interested in such information for a
|>publication.

If you are affiliated with a university, another suggestion is to contact
your library.  Most libraries can obtain copies of an article for you
even if they do not subscribe to the journal by using the Interlibary
Loan system.

Rick

baum@apple.com (Allen J. Baum) (12/09/90)

Thanks for your offer. I have a separate request- when you post, could you
specify which articles are in Japanese so I know which articles are worth
bothering about? Thanks a lot! (I've already asked my library to find on
of the articles mentioned. We figured this particular one is in English,
since it was written by a non-Japanese)

[[ All of the articles in the JIPS and IEICE publications whose contents
   were submitted by Raymond Jacoby are entirely in English.  --rds]]

rsm@math.arizona.edu (Robert S. Maier) (12/10/90)

>If you are affiliated with a university, another suggestion is to contact
>your library.  Most libraries can obtain copies of an article for you
>even if they do not subscribe to the journal by using the Interlibary
>Loan system.

Often formal affiliation is not required; merely a library card.  The
ILL departments of many universities will order books and copies of
periodical articles for anyone who has a library card, especially if
the requestor talks nicely to the ILL librarians.  And of course
library cards at large public universities are easy to obtain.