[comp.research.japan] Data Discman

kenji@ybbs.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Kenji Rikitake) (01/08/91)

In <29122@megaron.cs.arizona.edu> Mike Horne writes:

>I've seen short articles about the new Sony BookMan
>[omitted by Rikitake]

The "BookMan" Mike mentioned is probably the "DATA Discman", Model No. DD-1,
retail price 58,000yen in Japan, included the power supply and 5 discs of
Sanseido dictionaries. For brochures, contact:

Catalogue Request for DD-1
Sony Corporation
c/o Takanawa Post Office,
Tokyo 108 Japan

Sony is going to make a standard called "Electronic Book". I don't know
about the details, but each book is made of 8 centimeter compact discs.
-- Kenji
--
Kenji Rikitake, Socioengineering R&D Center, Packet Radio User's Group
"The successful non-profit organization is organized for the new -