[rec.games.mud] System V patches for TinyMUD available

john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) (03/05/91)

I have patched TinyMUD v1.5.4 to run in a non-networked System V
environment, using named pipes for IPC.  These patches bring a previous
Xenix port up to System V compatibility.  If there is sufficient
interest, I will post these patches (which are quite minimal) to the
appropriate newsgroup.

I have also written a curses-based client to be used with this port of
TinyMUD.
--
John W. Temples -- john@jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)

goehring@churchy.ai.mit.edu (Not Marc Spencer) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.212406.27716@jwt.UUCP> john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:

   I have patched TinyMUD v1.5.4 to run in a non-networked System V
   environment, using named pipes for IPC.  These patches bring a previous
   Xenix port up to System V compatibility.  If there is sufficient
   interest, I will post these patches (which are quite minimal) to the
   appropriate newsgroup.

if you're gonna port it to the a SysV environment use message queues.
they're far more efficient than named pipes.
--
		  Help stamp out vi in our lifetime!
	Scott Goehring			goehring@churchy.ai.mit.edu

john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar4.212406.27716@jwt.UUCP> john@jwt.UUCP I wrote:
>I have patched TinyMUD v1.5.4 to run in a non-networked System V
>environment

To all who sent mail requesting the patches: I have sent the patches to
Bill Randle, the moderator of comp.sources.games, at his request.
--
John W. Temples -- john@jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)