[net.test] This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System

phred@gitpyr.UUCP (Will Rogers) (08/02/85)

This is a test. This is only a test. This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast
System.  For the next sixty seconds you will hear a tone.  This is only a test.

** beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

This has been a test of the Emergency Broadcast System, this was only a test.
(sounds of machine guns and small arms fire in the back groud).  If this were
an actual emergency (sounds of mortars landing close by) then you would have
been instructed where to tune (sounds of more explosions, screaming, and
constant machine gun fire) for furthur instructions.  This was ONLY a test.
(dead silence)

will rogers

--
_____

from the rapidly decomposing neurons of:

Will Rogers

...gatech!gitpyr!phred

("Omni, Omni, VOR. ILS. DME. SDF, ADF, NDB. Ohmmmmmmmmmmm.    Omni, Omni, ...")

judith@proper.UUCP (Judith Abrahms) (08/06/85)

In article <> phred@gitpyr.UUCP (Will Rogers) writes:

>This is a test. This is only a test. This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast

... and so forth.  After some more text, which I have deleted, he ends with:

>from the rapidly decomposing neurons of:
>
>Will Rogers

followed by another line or two.  Thank you, Mr. R., for providing me with a
text long enough to pull 2 excerpts from.

J.A.