[ut.nets.reports] The Ramsey Wright

gchun@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca (Geoff Chun) (04/08/91)

> From @gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca:operator@utcs.utoronto.ca Sun Apr  7 19:47:45 1991
> To: nos@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
> Subject: The Ramsey Wright
> Cc: net-ops@utcs.utoronto.ca
>

> Please accept my apology. I missed the room 212 on my first visit and
> latter by the help of Chris Siebenmann i accessed the room 212.
>
> I power cycled the router and then requested Chris to try to access
> it and he was unable to access it. We assumed the router dead and need
> your professional touch.
> Thanks and sorry for the room mix-up .
>
> Mohamed, Network Operations Centre.

I went there and power cycled the router.  I found that the box failed to
read the diskette by observing the yellow light on the floppy drive. It
seems to have the same problem happened at H & W and WL - memory problem.

We need to build a new box with our spares in CTS lab and swap the dead
one at RW asap.

Geoff Chun