[ut.nets.reports] UK Fat Pipe scheduled outage

oleary@sura.net (dave o'leary) (04/25/91)

I expect the times listed are GMT but I'm not sure....

					dave

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 91 13:31:32 BST
From: "J.Seymour@uk.ac.ulcc.noc" <jas@ean-relay.ac.uk>
Subject: SCHEDULED OUTAGE OF UK-US CONNECTION

   SCHEDULED OUTAGE OF UK-US LINK (THE "FATPIPE") - MONDAY 29th APRIL

To facilitate an upgrade of hardware on the Butterfly Gateway at ULCC it
will be necessary to take it out of service for approximately 1 hour on
Monday 29th April, starting at 11.00 am.  This will mean that the US link
will be unavailable from 11.00 to 12.00 on 29.4.91 for Internet access.

The down time is essential and has to coincide with a simultaneous
upgrade of 2 other Butterfly Gateways (at UCL and and RSRE).  The work
is in preparation for the replacement of the butterfly gateways that
will happen during the summer of this year.

We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.  We will make every
attempt to minimise the duration of this outage.

Regards
John, ULCC
John Seymour <liaison@uk.ac.nsfnet-relay>