[net.test] "JUST a Test"?

gam@amdahl.UUCP (G A Moffett) (09/12/85)

This is one of the few newsgroups I subscribe to.  I feel it
is my responsability as netnews administrator to read these
articles.

But what you I read?  Stuff like, "Just a test" or "test"
or "testing" -- that's it!  My heart nearly broke today when
I saw one that was just garbage: "ghsdfghdfgfdg"  As though
they didn't even *care* to put in something meaningful, something
interesting to those of us who feel *obligated* to read this
newsgroup?!  Who are sick and tired of "test" and "Just a test"
in article after article?!

Can't you sympathize with that?  Could you at least put in something
*interesting*, something that we can actually look forward to
reading?  Something that will use net.test to it's fullest, by making
sure that *the text of your article* arrived, as well as the header?

Thank you for your attention.
--
Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs}!amdahl!gam

vince@macvax.UUCP (Vicente Fresquez, Jr.) (09/14/85)

Organization M/A-COM Cable Home Group, El Paso, TX

(-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Hey, I've got a weird idea!  Put all.bizzare,all.misc,and all.flame in here.
Then no one will read the group and everyone will post.
(-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: (-: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

No flames please.  Our news feed can't afford to get those groups anymore!

You think I'd sign this?!?!?!???

odom@acf4.UUCP (Paul R. Odom) (09/21/85)

	If you don't want to read TESTING, etc.  then I would suggest
you lose your sense of OBLIGATION to read the notes in net.test.

bingaman@dcc1.UUCP (George C. Bingaman) (09/24/85)

In article <2010@amdahl.UUCP> gam@amdahl.UUCP (G A Moffett) writes:
>Can't you sympathize with that?  Could you at least put in something
>*interesting*, something that we can actually look forward to
>reading?  Something that will use net.test to it's fullest, by making
>sure that *the text of your article* arrived, as well as the header?
>

>Thank you for your attention.
>--
>Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs}!amdahl!gam

Gordon,
    I can sympathize. Therefor, I submit this test for your entertainment:

For seven years I dwelt in the loose palace of exile playing strange games with
the girls of the islands.  Now I am come again to the land of the fair, the
strong, the wise.  Brothers and sisters of the pale forest, children of night,
who among you will run with the hunt?  Now night arrives with her purple
legion.  Retire now to your tents, and to your dreams: tomorrow we enter the
town of my birth - I want to be ready.

Can you identify the author?