[comp.lang.clos] PCL on KCL problems

pberck@kub.nl (Peter Berck) (05/24/91)

Has anyone got PCL working on KCL/IBCL? I tried compiling it on
"IBCL release 01/01  October 15, 1987", but got lots of errors.

Any pointers to a working, ftp-able version would be greatly
appreciated. Or just hints to get it working.

Thanks in advance,
-peter

pberck@kub.nl                                             kubvx1::berckp
(format nil "~%~{~<~% ~1:; ~a~>~^,~}.~%" '(a b c d))

jeff@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Jeff Dalton) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May24.131534.12112@kub.nl> pberck@kub.nl writes:
>Has anyone got PCL working on KCL/IBCL? I tried compiling it on
>"IBCL release 01/01  October 15, 1987", but got lots of errors.

That looks like a fairly old version of IBCL.

>Any pointers to a working, ftp-able version would be greatly
>appreciated. Or just hints to get it working.

May Day (Rev 4) PCL (ftp from arisia) seems to work in AKCL 1-505
(ftp from rascal.ics.utexas.edu).

BTW, what happened to the test file that came with older versions
of PCL?

-- jd

gregor@parc.xerox.com (Gregor Kiczales) (05/29/91)

   From: jeff@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Jeff Dalton)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.clos
   Date: 27 May 91 18:24:16 GMT

   BTW, what happened to the test file that came with older versions
   of PCL?

It was redundant.  Because PCL is "written in itself" the very act of

jeff@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Jeff Dalton) (05/30/91)

In article <GREGOR.91May29123627@tracer-bullet.parc.xerox.com> gregor@parc.xerox.com (Gregor Kiczales) writes:
>In article <4816@skye.ed.ac.uk> jeff@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Jeff Dalton) writes:
>
>   BTW, what happened to the test file that came with older versions
>   of PCL?
>
>It was redundant.  Because PCL is "written in itself" the very act of

Well, I used to build PCL in KCL and then have it fail some of the
tests.  SO I wanted to cjeck with May day too.