[alt.desert-shield] War Images

rthomson@mesa.dsd.es.com (Rich Thomson) (01/19/91)

I have converted the BRL images into 256-color GIF files and placed
them on uunet:/tmp/war/*.gif; the original BRL images also are there.

The titles and descriptions are:

aaa2.gif
    Anti Aircraft Artillery from the night-vision camera used by a reporter
    (from ITN?) on the initial raid on Baghdad.
cockpit-close.gif
    Close-up shot of a pilot in the cockpit of a fighter (an F-15E?)
f15-liftoff.gif
    Side view of an F15 taking off of a runway (perhaps Dhahran)
tomahawk2.gif
    View of a tomahawk cruise missile being launched.
wisconsin-deck2.gif
    View of the deck of the Wisconsin.

[For a.d-s readers, there were some 24-bit images placed on BRL for
anonymous FTP; the announcement was made in comp.graphics]

							-- Rich
--
  ``Read my MIPS -- no new VAXes!!'' -- George Bush after sniffing freon
	    Disclaimer: I speak for myself, except as noted.

rthomson@mesa.dsd.es.com (Rich Thomson) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan19.003138.21875@dsd.es.com>
	rthomson@dsd.es.com (Rich Thomson) writes:
>I have converted the BRL images into 256-color GIF files and placed
>them on uunet:/tmp/war/*.gif; the original BRL images also are there.

Sorry I wasn't more clear in the above paragraph.  The site is known
by the name ``uunet.uu.net'' and its IP address is 192.48.96.2.  Once
there, look in /tmp/war for both the original BRL images and the GIF
versions.

							-- Rich