[net.test] How to make $1 million in 1 month

joel@bonnie.UUCP (Joel West) (12/19/85)

This is a test to see if anyone reads these things. :-)
--
	Joel West
	CACI, Inc. - Federal La Jolla  (c/o Bell Labs, Whipanny)

  And who says test messages are unimaginative?

tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) (12/26/85)

In article <660@bonnie.UUCP> joel@bonnie.UUCP (Joel West) writes:
>This is a test to see if anyone reads these things. :-)

This is a followup to show that someone does read these things :-)
--
Tim Smith       sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim || ima!ism780!tim || ihnp4!cithep!tim

cc-06@cory.BERKELEY.EDU (Ilya Goldberg) (12/31/85)

In article <196@ism780c.UUCP> tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
>In article <660@bonnie.UUCP> joel@bonnie.UUCP (Joel West) writes:
>>This is a test to see if anyone reads these things. :-)
>
>This is a followup to show that someone does read these things :-)

So how do you make a million?

					Ilya Goldberg	(...!ucbvax!ilya)
----------
Do you really want to mark everything as read? [yn]	:-)

joel@gould9.UUCP (Joel West) (12/31/85)

In article <11320@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, cc-06@cory.BERKELEY.EDU (Ilya Goldberg) writes:
> In article <196@ism780c.UUCP> tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
> >In article <660@bonnie.UUCP> joel@bonnie.UUCP (Joel West) writes:
> >>This is a test to see if anyone reads these things. :-)
> >
> >This is a followup to show that someone does read these things :-)
>
> So how do you make a million?

Ok, here is is.

1) First, get $14.5 million.  Preferrably in a cashier's check.

2) Go to E.F. Hutton.

3) Ask for 7% US Treasury note maturing Feb. 1.  You probably
   can get some sort of volume discount on the commission.

4) On Feb. 1, present your note to the nearest office of
   the US Treasury Department for redemption.  You may also
   be able to do so through any Federal Reserve Board bank.

I'm sure better leverage is obtainable by investing $500,000
in Colombian agricultural products, but given recent current
events, my attorney would recommend against discussing such
things on a public bulletin board.  :-)
--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037

mikel@codas.ATT.UUCP (Mikel Manitius) (01/03/86)

> In article <196@ism780c.UUCP> tim@ism780c.UUCP (Tim Smith) writes:
> >In article <660@bonnie.UUCP> joel@bonnie.UUCP (Joel West) writes:
> >>This is a test to see if anyone reads these things. :-)
> >
> >This is a followup to show that someone does read these things :-)
>
> So how do you make a million?

Just keep bouncing this around, and we'll make it. :-)
--
			Mikel Manitius @ AT&T-IS Altamonte Springs, FL
			...{ihnp4|akgua|bellcore|clyde|koura}!codas!mikel

brucef@tesla.UUCP (Bruce Fingerhood) (01/09/86)

test
help me!  Postnews is bombing me!!!  Bombs are falling!!!  Take shelter!!
AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
           Bruce Fingerhood
           School Of Electrical Engineering

ARPA:      brucef@tesla.ARPA
UUCP:      decvax!cornell!tesla!brucef
           {decvax,vax135,uw-beaver}!cornell!tesla!brucef