[comp.graphics.visualization] Visualization of Large Databases

mschedlb@hawk.ulowell.edu (Martin J. Schedlbauer) (11/28/90)

I'm researching techniques for visualizing large databases, specifically
categorical databases (e.g. census data, etc.) Does anyone have any
pointers to literature that shows some common techniques for doing that?

BibTeX files are most welcome!

	thanks,
	...Martin

P.S. I will post the compiled list once I have it!

Martin J. Schedlbauer
Graphics Research Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, WL 118
University of Lowell
Lowell, MA 01854 (USA)			(508) 934-3612

sdl@linus.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (12/05/90)

In article <1518@ulowell.ulowell.edu> mschedlb@hawk.ulowell.edu (Martin J. Schedlbauer) writes:

> I'm researching techniques for visualizing large databases, specifically
> categorical databases (e.g. census data, etc.) Does anyone have any
> pointers to literature that shows some common techniques for doing that?

There were numerous articles on this subject in the (recently
concluded) Visualization '90 conference, held in San Francisco.

--
Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation