[comp.graphics.visualization] Video Toaster

ron@attcan.UUCP (Ron Joma) (03/19/91)

Is there any software about which would be similar in capabilities
to the Video Toaster but running on TARGA cards.  Any input
would be appreciated.

Ron

whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Ben Feen) (03/24/91)

ron@attcan.UUCP (Ron Joma) writes:

>Is there any software about which would be similar in capabilities
>to the Video Toaster but running on TARGA cards.  Any input
>would be appreciated.

The Toaster has very little to do with image manipulation  as you may know
it.  Newtek's Video Toaster is a computer in itself, just borrowing some of
the Amiga's brains.   You can do realtime, live digital F/X like mosaic,
digital zoom, the "transporter" from Star Trek, luma keys, video swaps of
every description - 128 in all.  You have 4 video inputs and  2 digital fram
estores to play with.  And that's just the main menu - You also have a paint
program (Digi-paint - I think it's 24 bit) Lightwave 3D with modeler (a
rendering and animation program) a super-high res. CG program, and my
favorite, a program that can replace any of 96 luminance levels with a
color, so you can make a "chrome" effect, a "nuclear wasteland" look, or
just reverse the video.  It's $1500, and you need an Amiga with 7 Megs of
RAM (I think - That's our system) a video camera, and if you're using a VCR
with it, you'll need a time base corrector.

--
whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM | I don't know, who's at DDSW1? | whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM!
I asked YOU who's at DDSW1! Ok, there's a guy at DDSW1, right? | Right!