[comp.graphics.visualization] Info on graphics routines

jimmey@geohub.gcn.uoknor.edu (Jimmey W. Todd) (03/20/91)

I  am  looking for some specific visualization routines.  These routines
need  to  be  able to display a 3D solid object (cube, sphere, etc.) and
rotate  or move it.  It would be nice if some shading/shadowing could be
done.

I  have noticed that there are many excellent graphic packages for doing
such  things, but these packages tend to be large and do a lot more than
what I need.

I  am  wanting	to  do this on a 386 based computer using VGA.	I figure
that  most C code is portable and that I would only need to modify/write
the routines that actually display the image on the screen.

I would greatly appreciate assistance in locating such routines.

				Thanks,
				Jim

My disclaimer:	By no means do I claim to be an expert with graphics.

martin@saturn.uucp (Martin J. Schedlbauer) (03/24/91)

In article <1991Mar19.155624@geohub.gcn.uoknor.edu> jimmey@geohub.gcn.uoknor.edu writes:

>I  am  looking for some specific visualization routines.  These routines
>need  to  be  able to display a 3D solid object (cube, sphere, etc.) and
>rotate  or move it.  It would be nice if some shading/shadowing could be
>done.

You probably would want to get the book "Graphics Gems" by Andrew Glassner.
It contains a wealth of info on common graphics problems/solutions. source
code for the algorithms in available via ftp.

Your local software or bookstore should be able to get you that book. It was published in 1990.

	...Martin

Martin J. Schedlbauer	| martin@saturn.UUCP	| ...!ulowell!saturn!martin
8 Gilman Road		| mschedlb@ulowell.edu	| ...!uunet!wang!saturn!martin
Billerica, MA 01862 USA	| CIS: 76675, 3364	| Voice/Fax: (508) 670-2169