[comp.graphics.visualization] INFO WANTED

zazula@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu (RALPH ZAZULA) (04/10/91)

Hi!

I'd like to get some information on who is doing research in the area
of virtual worlds (as I've seen them referred to in this groupp6l
of things like: real-time 3D audio/video, tracking of a subject to position
him/her in the computer generated environment.

Thanks,
Ralph

   | Ralph Zazula                               "Computer Addict!"        |
   | University of Arizona                 ---  Department of Physics     |
   |   UAZHEP::ZAZULA                            (DecNet/HEPNet)          |
   |   zazula@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu         (Internet)               |
   |   "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."  - Neil Peart    |

jorice@maths.tcd.ie (Jonathan Rice) (04/11/91)

In <1991Apr9.233939.511@arizona.edu> zazula@uazhe0.physics.arizona.edu (RALPH ZAZULA) writes:

>I'd like to get some information on who is doing research in the area
>of virtual worlds (as I've seen them referred to in this groupp6l

Try reading the newsgroup sci.virtual-worlds. Quite a lot of baloney there,
IMHO, but some good stuff. They'll have *lots* of addresses for you.

Just a point about your posting, as well - it's helpful to put more info into
your subject heading. "INFO WANTED" could be about anything, and the busy
people you want to read your message might not bother to read it. "Info wanted
about Virtual Worlds researchers" would have been better, or even
"Virtual Worlds Researchers?" It's really in your own interests to be specific
like this.

-- JOR

Jonathan Rice, Dept. Comp. Sci., Trinity College Dublin - jorice@cs.tcd.ie