[comp.graphics.visualization] visualization utilities

frank@urz.unibas.ch (04/23/91)

Hi netters,

Sorry if this question is out of place or has been posted n times before,
I am reading this thread for the first (and maybe even last) time.

Here at our institute we are planning to do some massively parallel programming
and would like to display the programm outputs on a DECwindow / X-window
terminal. I.e. visualize molecular dynamic data. Is there any PD software
around that will take some kind of input data and "draw a picture" with it.
I could also use any utility procedures that will allow an easy (and primitive)
implemention of basic graphical procedures (linedrawing, curves, etc.).

Any help or just pointers would be greatly appriciated. Many thanks in
advance.

PLEASE RESPOND BY E-MAIL.

 .____________________________________________________________________________.
 | _____   __  _____       Robert Frank                                       |
 |   |    /      |         Institut fuer Informatik                           |
 |   |    |      |         University of Basel, Switzerland                   |
 |   |   -+-     |                                                            |
 |   |    |      |         Mittlere Strasse 142                               |
 | __|__  |    __|__       CH-4056 Basel                                      |
 | frank@urz.unibas.ch     tel. + (061) 321 99 67    fax + (061) 321 99 15    |
 |____________________________________________________________________________|

will@rins.ryukoku.ac.jp (will) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr22.181015.1522@urz.unibas.ch>, frank@urz.unibas.ch writes:
>Here at our institute we are planning to do some massively parallel programming
>and would like to display the programm outputs on a DECwindow / X-window
>terminal. I.e. visualize molecular dynamic data. Is there any PD software
>around that will take some kind of input data and "draw a picture" with it.
>I could also use any utility procedures that will allow an easy (and primitive)
>implemention of basic graphical procedures (linedrawing, curves, etc.).

	Well I wrote a small visualization demo program that did something like
this about 3 years ago.  If you would like the source I'll mail it to you. But
there is just one problem.  I need a realy or something to get from here to
there.  Your address is alien to my system.  By the way: It's in the C lang.
Also, has no massively parallel programming built in.  Just a demo prog.

                                        William Dee Rieken
                                        Researcher, Computer Visualization
                                        Faculty of Science and Technology
                                        Ryukoku University