[comp.graphics.visualization] CONTOUR PLOTTING?

sujan@milton.u.washington.edu (Sujan Punyamurthula) (05/29/91)

Hai,
I am writing a postprocessor using the output
data from a Finite Element Software (ANSYS) on
Apllo work station -Unix o/s, using Xwindow graphics.

It will be helpful if anyone can give me an idea of
availability of any Contour Plotting routines/psuedocode given the
2d coordinates and value.
Thanku
sujan

landheim@bbn.com (Greg Landheim) (06/06/91)

In article <1991May29.061004.8350@milton.u.washington.edu> sujan@milton.u.washington.edu (Sujan Punyamurthula) writes:
[B>
>It will be helpful if anyone can give me an idea of
>availability of any Contour Plotting routines/psuedocode given the
>2d coordinates and value.
>Thanku
>sujan

Try "Contour Plots of Large Data Sets," by Chris Johnston, Computer Language,
May, 1986.  The algorithm described is easy to implement and I have found it
to be very robust.

| Gregory K. Landheim           | "Today's hip is tomorrow's hype."    |
| BBN Software Products Company |               - Edward Abbey         |
| 150 Cambridgepark Dr.         |                                      |
| Cambridge, MA. 02140          |                                      |
| (617) 873-4321                |                                      |
| landheim@bbn.com              |                                      |