[comp.benchmarks] Dhrystones

	I too would like to get the Dhrystones 2.1 benchmarks. I
looked on uunet.uu.net and wasn't thrilled with searching all the
directories. Does anyone know a specific place where it can be
found? Thanks,
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

GorbachevAwards++;
free (SovietUnion);
IndependentRepublics += 15;

scott@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Holt) (11/10/90)

In article <1990Nov8.225057.28520@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	I too would like to get the Dhrystones 2.1 benchmarks. I
>looked on uunet.uu.net and wasn't thrilled with searching all the
>directories. Does anyone know a specific place where it can be
>found? Thanks,
>	-- Ethan

There are a number of Benchmarks included in the netlib archives.
From internet, send mail to

	netlib@research.att.com

Make the subject line, or first line of your message

	send index from benchmark

For an index of benchmarks. For a more general index of everthing
they have,

	send index

You will eventually receive mail containing instructions and the
index. It usually has the fastest turn around during non-peek hours.

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott@prism.gatech.edu

schreiber@schreiber.asd.sgi.com (Olivier Schreiber) (11/10/90)

In <1990Nov8.225057.28520@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	I too would like to get the Dhrystones 2.1 benchmarks. I
>looked on uunet.uu.net and wasn't thrilled with searching all the
>directories. Does anyone know a specific place where it can be
>found? Thanks,
>	-- Ethan

>Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

>GorbachevAwards++;
>free (SovietUnion);
>IndependentRepublics += 15;

Welcome to netlib, a system for distribution of mathematical software
by electronic mail.  This index is the reply you'll get to:
        mail netlib@ornl.gov
        send index from benchmark

Careful! Anything free comes with no guarantee.
*** from netlib, Tue Oct  2 13:54:23 EDT 1990 ***
LINPACKS The LINPACK benchmark program in single precision.

LINPACKD The LINPACK benchmark program in double precision.

LINPACKC The LINPACK benchmark program done in C.
        Translated to C by Bonnie Toy 5/88.

LIVERMORE
        The Livermore loops in single precision. (Fortran)
        A program used by some to benchmark supercomputers.
        Frank McMahaon LLNL 1/26/88

LIVERMOREC
        A 'C' version of the Livermore loops program,
        a program used by some to benchmark supercomputers.
        Frank McMahaon LLNL 1/26/88

LUS The linear equation solver used in the paper by Dongarra and Eisenstat
        that is based on matrix-vector operations. This is the single
        precision version.

LUD The linear equation solver used in the paper by Dongarra and Eisenstat
        that is based on matrix-vector operations. This is the double
        precision version.

PERFORMANCE
        A post script copy of the paper by J. Dongarra, `Performance
        of Various Computers Using Standard Linear Algebra Software
        in a Fortran Environment'

PERF-UPD
        A log of updates made to the above report.

VECTOR  a program to check the vectorizing capabilities of a compiler.
        D. Callahan, J. Dongarra, & D. Levine, 3/16/88

WHETSTONEC The Whetstone benchmark in C.  This program is a translation of the
        original Algol version in "A Synthetic Benchmark" by H.J. Curnow
        and B.A. Wichman in Computer Journal, Vol  19 #1, February 1976.

WHETSTONES The Whetstone benchmark in single precision Fortran.

WHETSTONED The Whetstone benchmark in double precision Fortran.

DHRY-ADA     Dhrystone benchmark program in Ada, current version.
DHRY-C       Dhrystone benchmark program in C, current version.
DHRY-PASCAL  Dhrystone benchmark program in Pascal, current version.
DHRY1-C      Dhrystone benchmark program in C, 1984 version.
DHRY1-ADA    Dhrystone benchmark program in Ada, 1984 version.

KARP-CHALLENGE Alan Karp's challenge on parallel vs sequential computing.

NBSLIB A version of netlib runs at NBS and they distribute benchmark
       software.

BELL-AWARD details of the following prize:
       Beginning in 1988, two $1000 awards will be given each year for 10
       years to the person or team that demonstrates the greatest speedup on a
       multiple-instruction, multiple-data parallel processor.

NAS  A benchmark test program has been developed for use by the NAS program at
     NASA Ames Research Center to aid in the evaluation of supercomputer
     performance.
     David H. Bailey, NASA Ames Research Center, June 24, 1988

NAS-DOC  tex documentation for NAS

SPECMARK  press announcement and address for ordering tape

--
Olivier Schreiber      schreiber@schreiber.asd.sgi.com        Tel(415)335 7353
                       Advanced Systems Division              MS 7L580