[comp.benchmarks] SPEC availability

KRW1@Lehigh (12/18/90)

Does SPEC make its benchmark suite available to end users for their
own testing?  What are the costs and restrictions?  Has anyone had
experience with this?  Thanks.  -- Kevin

rnovak@mips.com (Robert E. Novak) (12/20/90)

In article <18129008:35:02KRW1@lehigh.bitnet>, KRW1@Lehigh writes:
> Does SPEC make its benchmark suite available to end users for their
> own testing?  What are the costs and restrictions?  Has anyone had
> experience with this?  Thanks.  -- Kevin

SPEC encourages end-users to use the suite for their own testing.  In fact,
SPEC would love to see (as mash@mips.com has pointed out) correlations
between SPEC performance and end-user application performance.

To order SPEC, here are the 3 options:

Option #1 - SPEC benchmark tape (source code on QIC-24 tar tape) $300
Option #2 - SPEC Newsletter only - $399
Option #3 - SPEC Newsletter/Tape Combination $699

Outside the U.S. and Canada, please add $25.

Orders can be sent to:

SPEC
c/o Waterside Associates
39510 Paseo Padre Parkway
Suite 350
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone: 415-792-3334
FAX: 415-792-4748
---
Robert E. Novak                     Mail Stop 5-10, MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.
{ames,decwrl,pyramid}!mips!rnovak      950 DeGuigne Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94086
rnovak@mips.COM        (rnovak%mips.COM@ames.arc.nasa.gov)      +1 408 524-7183

peter@micromuse.co.uk (Peter Galbavy) (03/13/91)

I know this must be an FAQ, but as I do not normally read this group,
please forgive me.

Is the SPEC benchmark suite (or whatever) freely available from
somewhere ? We would like to get figures for the various machines we
build/integrate, including 386/486 and SPARC's.

If they cost - then how much and where from ?

Thanks for your patience.

--
Peter Galbavy
Tech Support, Micromuse Ltd

Disclaimer: Time flies like an arrow... Fruit flies like a banana