[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Guide?

aku@tik.vtt.fi (Arto Kujala) (11/15/90)

Roger Hadgraft writes:

>Have a look at Guide from OWL International.

I have tried Guide 2.0 a long time ago, and it was not the right solution
for me.
1) You really cant modify the user interface.
2) My background is in hypercard. I want to find a similar tool for
Windows.

I know there is update 3.0 of Guide - what is improved?

--Arto

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (11/16/90)

In article <5241@hemuli.tik.vtt.fi>, aku@tik.vtt.fi (Arto Kujala) writes:
> Roger Hadgraft writes:
>
>>Have a look at Guide from OWL International.
>
> I have tried Guide 2.0 a long time ago, and it was not the right solution
> for me.
> 1) You really cant modify the user interface.
> 2) My background is in hypercard. I want to find a similar tool for
> Windows.
>
> I know there is update 3.0 of Guide - what is improved?

You need to define your needs. Guide is NOT a replacement for Hypercard. See
ToolBook instead, or Plus. Guide is a hypertext package. Hypercard is much more
than that. If you want to build hypertext systems (like on-line help), Guide
will get the job done faster than Hypercard, but Hypercard is a more flexible
tool.

Guide now has a more customisable environment, and the user has greater control
over windows, colours, formats, etc. It has its own scripting capability.
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |