[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Second Largest Software Co?

so@brownie.cs.wisc.edu (Bryan S. So) (11/22/90)

In article <1990Nov13.192526.19619@oracle.com> etileniu@oracle.uucp (Eric Tilenius) writes:

>Oracle's Office Automation division is the fastest-growing segment
>of Oracle Corporation, the world's third largest software company.

I am sorry, can't resist to ask which is the second-largest
software company.

Bryan

jeras@oracle.oracle.com (John Eras) (11/22/90)

In article <11775@spool.cs.wisc.edu> so@brownie.cs.wisc.edu (Bryan S. So) writes:
>In article <1990Nov13.192526.19619@oracle.com> etileniu@oracle.uucp (Eric Tilenius) writes:
>>Oracle's Office Automation division is the fastest-growing segment
>>of Oracle Corporation, the world's third largest software company.
>
>I am sorry, can't resist to ask which is the second-largest
>software company.

Computer Associates.  Ever heard of 'em?  Nah, I didn't think so.

----------------------- (: smile! you're on usenet! :) ------------------------
AT:    jeras@oracle.com                              | "It's a terrible waste
BANG:  ...{pacbell,hplabs,apple,decwrl}!oracle!jeras | to lose one's .sig, or
FLAME: /dev/null (nyuk, nyuk)                        | not to have one at all."

deen@kinks.rutgers.edu (Cinnamon Raisin) (11/25/90)

In article <1990Nov13.192526.19619@oracle.com> etileniu@oracle.uucp (Eric Tilenius) writes:

>>Oracle's Office Automation division is the fastest-growing segment
>>of Oracle Corporation, the world's third largest software company.
>
>I am sorry, can't resist to ask which is the second-largest
>software company.

	In reading some Merrill Lynch literature recently, they claim
		to employ about as many programmers as Microsoft does.

	If it's true, I think that would put them in the #2 or 3
		position, at least as far as PC software houses go.

						...LATER...

						-Z Raisin
--
---