[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Using Turbo C++ with MS Windows SDK

spolsky-joel@cs.yale.edu (Joel Spolsky) (11/28/90)

In article <36200001@hprpcd.HP.COM> bruce@hprpcd.HP.COM (Bruce Smith) writes:
># TC++ does not seem to produce the right object files.  The MS linker gives a
># warning that "The program does not have a starting address". Did anybody out
># there have any success?
>
>Does no response to this note mean that noone else has tried using Turbo C++
>with the Windows SDK?  I know I failed at it.  Any ideas?

FORGET IT. It Does Not Work. Give Up. Borland and Microsoft will tell
you that it is not going to work. TC++ does not know how to generate
functions with the proper windows wrappers.

Borland has announced, and it has been mentioned in this newsgroup a
hundred times, that there is a new version of TC and TC++ in beta that
_will_ produce windows code. If the current version could be used,
they would have told you, instead of developing a new version. So
you'll just have to wait for this, or use Zortech.

Joel Spolsky
spolsky@cs.yale.edu                                     Silence = Death