[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Need QPC Interface

cyamamot@kilroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Cliff Yamamoto) (11/28/90)

In article <Nov.26.15.17.42.1990.24422@dorm.rutgers.edu> medici@dorm.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) writes:
>The problem is due to the way NCSA and CUTCP TELNET/FTP access the
>packet driver.  An alternative program from QPC Software (Penfield,
>NY) gets around this problem by providing a TSR interface to the
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>packet driver, with their TELNET/FTP equivalent software accessing
>this interface.

Dear QPC and/or FTP Software,

As I understand it, this TSR Interface from QPC allows protected mode
telnet sessions in Windows 3 to access a standard ethernet packet driver
operating in real-mode.  Can I obtain the source code for this QPC TSR
Interface or does FTP Software have a *DEVELOPMENT* package that works
under Windows 3 (protected mode?).

Yes, this *IS* for a project and I do already have the PC/TCP Development
Kit.  However, I need to have multiple socket connections under Windows 3
(protected mode) using Actor 3 and/or MSWin SDK (I have both).

If anyone at the two above companies (or someone representing the two above
companies) can contact me, I'd appreciate it.  As far as I'm concerned,
cost is *almost* no object.  Essentially, I need to purchase some sort of
development package that will allow the code to bind, listen, accept, etc
TCP-IP socket connections under Windows 3 (protected mode).

Thanks for any info,
Cliff Yamamoto
USnail: Clifford K. Yamamoto - KA6JRG  | Email:  cyamamot@kilroy.jpl.nasa.gov
        Jet Propelled La-bore-atore-ee |         cyamamot@grissom.jpl.nasa.gov
        4800 Oak Grove Drive           |         cky@hydra.jpl.nasa.gov
        M/S 238-737, Section 333       |         cyamamot@devvax.jpl.nasa.gov
        Pasadena, Calif.  91109        |         cyamamot@jato.jpl.nasa.gov
MaBell: (818) 354-1242 - off.   (818) 354-6042 - alt.   (818) 354-6426 - lab.

todd@Quotron.COM (Todd_Booth) (11/29/90)

Watch out.  The qpc tsr may allow you to access the api from windows
but if you're looking for a reentrent kernel, note that ftp sw has *not*
announced such a product.

--
todd (booth)

todd@quotron.com 213 302-4368