[comp.windows.ms.programmer] wierdErrorMessage

pcb@cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (12/11/90)

Suddenly I started receiving an error message written on the background
screen similar to a C printf output.

pow:pow:pow:...

over and over again.  Also, a dialog box initially comes up and
says cannot write to AUX.  So I stuck a printer on com1 and a junk character
prints.

Any ideas?

/*----------- Thanks in advance... --------------------------------------+
| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies      INET: pcb@swamp.cacs.usl.edu |
| 2 Rex Street                                                           |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana      ...!uunet!dalsqnt!gator!pcb  |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                                                    |

al@well.sf.ca.us (Alfred Fontes) (12/17/90)

pcb@cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:

>Suddenly I started receiving an error message written on the background
>screen similar to a C printf output.

>pow:pow:pow:...

Maybe this has something to do with what they call the "low-level
debugger."  The manual explains how it works.

Or perhaps a tiny little Mike Tyson got into your machine.