[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Question about WindowsMaker

jp@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de (Joachim Philippi) (12/19/90)

We plan to develop a Windows 3 application with MS-C 6 & SDK.

Our application includes a lot user interaction (dialog boxes,
menus etc.) and we think about using a `drawing-program' that generates
C code to build the user interface.

In `Frequently Asked Questions, comp.windows.ms.programmer edition'
there is a pointer to a software package named "WindowsMaker".

How good is it? What about the generated code?
Are there better/cheaper products on the market?

Thanks for your help

Joachim Philippi

--
email : philippi@cs.uni-sb.de
  or  : philippi@sbsvax.informatik.uni-saarland.dbp.de

dea@hpsesrwd.HP.COM (Bob Dea) (12/21/90)

Posted to cica.cica.indiana.edu is a program called UCB/WordPlan for
Windows 3.0 which generates MS Windows C 6.0 code.

It is a shareware program and the source to the Windows scripts are
included.

it is in /pub/pc/win3/util directory as ucb.zip on cica

It may also be available from notes group comp.binaries.ibm.pc in
the near future.