[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Looking for a Windows Database Library for C

chavis@hambnd.enet.dec.com (Ira Chavis SHR1-4/O20 508-841-3415) (01/16/91)

	Can anyone recommend a  C Database Library for Windows 3.0.   I have
	seen only a couple advertized and looking for inputs from the Windows
	Masses and to reccomenations,  features, etc.

	Ira Chavis

terryn@prcrs.UUCP (Terry Neely) (01/16/91)

In article <3774@ryn.mro4.dec.com>, chavis@hambnd.enet.dec.com (Ira Chavis SHR1-4/O20 508-841-3415) writes:

> 	Can anyone recommend a  C Database Library for Windows 3.0.   I have
> 	seen only a couple advertized and looking for inputs from the Windows
> 	Masses and to reccomenations,  features, etc.
>
> 	Ira Chavis

    Here are the ones we looked into here:

    1. Faircom C-tree plus is a B-tree file manager with an optional
       SQL server backend  800-234-8180 in Columbia MO.  There is a Mac
        version that supports Think 4.0 and MPW

    2. DB Vista III is a database system based on the network model and
       supports a DLL. 800-327-2462 in Bellevue WA.  There Mac version
       but I am not sure of the environments supported.

    3. Gupta SQL windows is a relational database with SQL support.

    Hope this helps

    --terryn

	                                   Terry Neely
	                                   PRC Realty Systems, Inc.
	                                   (703) 556-2056  ..uunet!prcrs!terryn

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (01/20/91)

Terry Neely <terryn@prcrs.UUCP> writes:
> Here are the ones we looked into here:
>    1. Faircom C-tree plus is a B-tree file manager with an optional
>       SQL server backend.
>    2. DB Vista III is a database system based on the network model and
>       supports a DLL.
>    3. Gupta SQL windows is a relational database with SQL support.

Let me add..

     4. Btrieve for Windows is a Windows DLL version of the venerable DOS
	package.  I have used this for a major project on DOS, and it was
	vary quick and robust, if not exactly user-friendly.

[ \tom haapanen --- university of waterloo --- tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu ]
[ "i don't even know what street canada is on"               -- al capone ]