[net.test] This is a Test

byrd (06/23/82)

boo!
You need two lines.

kenig (06/29/82)

this is a test

pjm (11/17/82)

this is a test .
sorry if i mess up. Itrs my first time on the net.

					Not afraid to make a mistake,
					Paul M.

mclure (01/10/83)

#N:sri-unix:1100015:000:17
sri-unix!mclure    Jan  7 13:51:00 1983

this is the text

mclure (01/10/83)

#R:sri-unix:1100015:sri-unix:1100016:000:6
sri-unix!mclure    Jan  7 13:51:00 1983

blah.

G:c292s-al (03/07/83)

Testing 1..2..3

hutch (03/15/83)

this is a test
this is also
I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous

wjb (04/12/83)

	I hope I got an "A".
--

					--Bill

hammy@mit-eddi.UUCP (J. Scott Hamilton) (06/07/83)

This is a test of the .signature file

perl@rdin.UUCP (06/28/83)

this is a test. this is only a test.

harm@beesvax.UUCP (09/22/83)

this is a test, it is only a test

paul@osu-dbs.UUCP (09/28/83)

You can tune a piano, but you can tuna fish

				Paul

han@hound.UUCP (09/30/83)

this is a test
this is a test

han@hound.UUCP (09/30/83)

this is another test.
this is another test.

bees@drux3.UUCP (10/07/83)

 another vnews follow test

bees@drux3.UUCP (10/07/83)

I'll get right this time (I hope)!

edjames@ucbvax.UUCP (10/31/83)

This is not a test.... This is not a test...

Had this been a real test, you would have heard a nerve-rattling
60 second whine.

This is not a test....

thrapp@noscvax.UUCP (11/16/83)

this is a test.

...!sdcsvax!noscvax!thrapp

psuvm%pt1@psuvax.UUCP (03/27/84)

This message is empty.

randy@nlm-vax.ARPA (03/28/84)

Another try.

randy@nlm-vax.ARPA (03/28/84)

Gad is this boring.

lee@unmvax.UUCP (03/28/84)

Testing...........

			--Lee
--
			--Lee (Ward)
			{ucbvax,parsec,gatech,pur-ee}!unmvax!lee

heahd@tellab1.UUCP (Dan Wood) (05/24/84)

This is just to see if my .signature works
--
              /\      /\
             / / ~~~~ \ \

netnews@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (05/26/84)

test. one two three.

chuq

tomasino@ihuxf.UUCP (P. C. Tomasino) (05/31/84)

Just a test again.

elias@sunybcs.UUCP (06/12/84)

this a test of the emergency broadcasting system.  This system
was developed to keep your informed in the event of an emergency.
This is only a test

Actually, it was just me.  Ignore this.

tim@callan.UUCP (Tim Smith) (06/27/84)

This is just a test to see if I can cancel a message.  Is this where
this goes?
--
					Tim Smith
			ihnp4!wlbr!callan!tim or ihnp4!cithep!tim

craig@scorplx.UUCP (Craig Miller) (07/20/84)

<line eater bait>

this is just a test.  please ignore.
(tap,tap,tap...)

bcase@amdcad.UUCP (Brian case) (07/26/84)

this is a test!!

grayson@fortune.UUCP (Bettina Grayson) (08/28/84)

Just a chance to show off my ignorance!!!

fair@ucbvax.ARPA (09/01/84)

From: fair (Erik E. Fair)

Hello?

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair

jpo@teddy.UUCP (Joseph O'Connor) (09/05/84)

		Hello World!!

(well it made Kernighan and Ritchie famous didn't it?)

tenspeed@fluke.UUCP (Jim Ehrmin) (12/03/84)

This is a test.

naiman@pegasus.UUCP (Ephrayim J. Naiman) (12/03/84)

<munch, munch>
this is a test
--
==> Ephrayim J. Naiman @ AT&T Information Systems Laboratories (201) 576-6259
Paths: [ihnp4, allegra, hogpc, maxvax, cbosgd, lzmi, ...]!pegasus!naiman

cwc@dmcnh.UUCP (01/22/85)

This is a test.
+-------------------------------------+ +------------------------------------+
| USENET: decvax!ittvax!sii!dmcnh!gts | | DISCLAIMER:    The content of this |
| USMail: 14-F Hampshire Drive        | | message is the sole responsibility |
|         Nashua, NH  03063           | | dmcnh!gts and does not necessarily |
| NEBell: (603) 880-2069              | | reflect the policies of Datamedia. |
+-------------------------------------+ +------------------------------------+

tdh@frog.UUCP (T. Dave Hudson) (02/20/85)

hope frog gets fixed.

kevins@dartvax.UUCP (Kevin M. Schofield '88) (05/29/85)

This is a test. This is only a test. Had this been an actual posting,
you would have been instructed to ignore this message like a normal
pusbag.

     "Right!  What's a cubit?"
                            -Noah (as told by Bill Cosby)

             Kevin M. Schofield '88
             email:   ihnp4!dartvax!kevins
             U.S. Mail:
                 College: H.B. 2908 Dartmouth, Hanover, NH 03755
                 Real World:  1851 Vallejo Street,St.Helena, CA 94574

gersh@dartvax.UUCP (Jeff Gershengorn) (05/29/85)

yeah, sure, kevin, you think you can get away with swearing on net.test
just cause no one reads it. golly gee wiz.

> This is a test. This is only a test. Had this been an actual posting,
> you would have been instructed to ignore this message like a normal
> pusbag.
  "Eternal nothingness is okay if you're dressed for it."
                                                   -Woody Allen

Jeff Gershengorn '88        ihnp4!dartvax!gersh
Hinman Box 1772     Dartmouth College       Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
Real World:   5 Fairway Drive    San Rafael, CA 94901

kyle@ucla-cime.UUCP (Kyle D. Henriksen) (06/12/85)

This is a test
A B
C D
This is only a test
--

Kyle Henriksen
US Snail:	UCLA - Crump Institute

ARPA:		ucla-cime!kyle@UCLA-LOCUS.arpa
UUCP:		{ucla-cs,cepu}!ucla-cime!kyle

kma@npois.UUCP (Kim Austin) (06/12/85)

HOWDIE!!!!!!

Kim Austin
npois!kma

krossen@bbncca.ARPA (Ken Rossen) (07/17/85)

This is a test.  Please ignore it.
--
---
Ken Rossen

krossen@bbncca.ARPA (Ken Rossen) (07/17/85)

This is a followup test.  If you are reading this with notesfiles (why are you
reading this at all?), mail to me if this appears as a response to my
previous note.
--
---
Ken Rossen
{decvax,ihnp4}!bbncca!krossen

ijk@solar.UUCP (I.KRANTZLER) (07/26/85)

Hmmm ...

kkothari@ihlpg.UUCP (Kothari) (08/02/85)

This is just a test, please ignore.
thanx..

dowdy@cepu.UUCP (Dowdy Jackson) (08/12/85)

This is a test

dowdy@cepu.UUCP (Dowdy Jackson) (08/12/85)

This is another test..

dowdy@cepu.UUCP (Dowdy Jackson) (08/12/85)

Bio test

4373jcg@hou2a.UUCP (J.GIOTIS) (08/15/85)

		this is just a test

			j.c.g.
			______

lws@hou2d.UUCP (L.SAMOCHA) (08/16/85)

THIS IS A...LETS SEE A.....A.....WHAT?//... A... TEST!!!!!
Newsgroups: net.test
Subject: Re: this is a test

nelsn@houxj.UUCP (M.NELSON) (12/04/85)

help

Subject: this is a test
Newsgroups: net.test

help

par@ihlpl.UUCP (Paul Rupsis) (12/09/85)

This is a test for my friends.

				Bye!

wws@ukma.UUCP (Bill Stoll) (12/22/85)

In article <447@ihlpl.UUCP>, par@ihlpl.UUCP (Paul Rupsis) writes:
> This is a muddy test for my friends.
>
> 				Bye!

This is a letter to make vi mess up
this is a test to make vi mess up
this is fun
dad wuz here
what I should do now?  Let's play with the automatic margin fixer.  If
I type far enough it might work.

dad wuz here
--

cbosgd!ukma!wws(Walt Stoll)                       YOU

Walt Stoll, MD, ABFP
Founder & Medical Director                     ARE   MORE
Holistic Medical Centre
1412 North Broadway
Lexington, Kentucky  40505                  THAN  YOU  THINK
(606) 233-4273

jdg@elmgate.uucp (Jeff Gortatowsky) (05/09/86)

This is a test.

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company

<Kodak won't be responsible for the above comments, only those below>

muir@cogsci.Berkeley.EDU (David Muir Sharnoff) (07/09/86)

I score 72.25.   How about you?

-Dave

jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) (07/09/86)

In article <14776@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> muir writes:
>I score 72.25.   How about you?
>
>-Dave

What if my score is less than my age?

/jordan

jdw@tybalt.Caltech.Edu@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (John d Woolverton) (07/09/86)

>>I score 72.25.   How about you?
>>-Dave
>What if my score is less than my age?
>/jordan

Well my scores started out pretty high, but as soon as I learned
what the real goals in college were, I managed to drop the scores
six points in a week.

Woolverotn (misspelled?)

korn@pavepaws.berkeley.edu (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) (07/09/86)

>In article <14776@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> muir writes:
>>I score 72.25.   How about you?
>>
>>-Dave

I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%

In article <363@nike.UUCP> jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>What if my score is less than my age?
>
>/jordan

Hmmm....  You mean the percent score, or simply the total number you answered
yes to?  If the percent is lower than your age, you're either fairly old, or
not very pure (or both).  I'd need to know your age and the scoring method
before I could fairly comment on that.  Ask Ms. Faith F. Axel.

Peter
-----
Peter Korn				"Fred Astaire?  Ginger Rogers did
korn@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU		 everything he did, backwards
{dual,decvax,sdcsvax}!ucbvax!korn	 and in high heels!"

Peter "Arrgh" Korn <korn@pavepaws.UUCP> writes:

	>>What if my score is less than my age?
	>>
	>>/jordan

	Hmmm....  You mean the percent score, or simply the total
	number you answered yes to?

Traditionally, your score is the number you answer "no" to.

	I'd need to know your age and the scoring method before I could
	fairly comment on that.

[ from this month's penthouse _letters_ ]

"I am a junior at a northern california university, and I could hardly
 believe what happened to me the other night as I was doing my biology
 homework, but I thought I would share it with all of your readers"

Does that give you a clue? If not, try "finger jordan@pavepaws" ...

	Ask Ms. Faith F. Axel.

She wasn't handy at the time. I'm asking you.

/jordan

sadoyama@pavepaws.berkeley.edu (Eric J Sadoyama) (07/09/86)

Hmm. I got a 51.25. Am I doing this wrong, or is my lifestyle the
culprit? ('Course, if you count just the last few months it starts to
look mighty dry...)

---
"And the Lord spake, saying, first shalt thou take out the Holy Pin,
then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the
number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou
then proceed to three... Once the number three, being the third number,
be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch toward
the foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall croak."
---
Eric J Sadoyama 2033 Haste St #107 Berkeley CA 94704 USA (415)548-1711
sadoyama@pavepaws.berkeley.edu or {backbone}!ucbvax!pavepaws!sadoyama

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) (07/13/86)

In article <817@ucbcad.BERKELEY.EDU> korn@pavepaws.UUCP (Peter "Arrgh" Korn)
writes:

>>In article <14776@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> muir writes:
>>>I score 72.25.   How about you?
>>>
>>>-Dave
>
>I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%
>

>In article <363@nike.UUCP> jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>>What if my score is less than my age?
>>
>>/jordan
>
>Hmmm....  You mean the percent score, or simply the total number you answered
>yes to?  If the percent is lower than your age, you're either fairly old, or
>not very pure (or both).  I'd need to know your age and the scoring method
>before I could fairly comment on that.  Ask Ms. Faith F. Axel.

On the test that was posted, if Jordan got lower than his age than he
frightens me * a lot *.  (How 'bout this Saturday night, honey? ;-)

I got a 59.9.

	- Shelli

cccsam@ucdavis.UUCP (Sam McCall - Hacker In Residency) (07/14/86)

>In article <817@ucbcad.BERKELEY.EDU> korn@pavepaws.UUCP (Peter "Arrgh" Korn)
>writes:

>>I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%
>>
>>In article <363@nike.UUCP> jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>>>What if my score is less than my age?

>I got a 59.9.
> 	- Shelli

55.0

--
-sam mccall
-unix consultant

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (07/15/86)

Oops, sorry guys, but this is a Real Test.

Hope you're enjoying the Other Test.

-dave
--
David Hsu  (301) 454-1433 || -8798	"It was Dave, not me..honest!" -eneevax
Communication & Signal Processing Lab / Engineering Computer Facility

"Be seeing you..."

corwin@hope.UUCP (John Kempf) (07/15/86)

In article <932@bu-cs.UUCP> sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) writes:
> On the test that was posted, if Jordan got lower than his age than he
> frightens me * a lot *.  (How 'bout this Saturday night, honey? ;-)
>
> I got a 59.9.
>
> 	- Shelli
Better question:  How old is Jordan?  Anybody know?
-cory

oh ya, I got a 57.75.

jte@gondor.UUCP (Jon Eckhardt) (07/16/86)

In article <817@ucbcad.BERKELEY.EDU> korn@pavepaws.UUCP (Peter "Arrgh" Korn) writes:

>>In article <14776@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> muir writes:
>>>I score 72.25.   How about you?
>>>
>>>-Dave
>
>I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%
>

>In article <363@nike.UUCP> jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>>What if my score is less than my age?
>>
>>/jordan
>
>Hmmm....  You mean the percent score, or simply the total number you answered
>yes to?  If the percent is lower than your age, you're either fairly old, or
>not very pure (or both).  I'd need to know your age and the scoring method
>before I could fairly comment on that.  Ask Ms. Faith F. Axel.
>
>Peter
>-----
>Peter Korn                             "Fred Astaire?  Ginger Rogers did
>korn@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU                everything he did, backwards
>{dual,decvax,sdcsvax}!ucbvax!korn       and in high heels!"

Could you please repost the purity test?
Thanks,

jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) (07/16/86)

Cory <corwin@hope.UUCP> writes:

	>>In article <363@nike.UUCP> jordan@nike.UUCP (Jordan Hayes) writes:
	>>>What if my score is less than my age?

	In article <932@bu-cs.UUCP> sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) writes:
	> On the test that was posted, if Jordan got lower than his age than he
	> frightens me * a lot *.  (How 'bout this Saturday night, honey? ;-)

	Better question:  How old is Jordan?  Anybody know?

I'm 20 ... for now.

/jordan

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (07/18/86)

In article <2192@gondor.UUCP> jte@gondor.UUCP (Jon Eckhardt) writes:

>>I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%
>>Peter
>
>Could you please repost the purity test?
>Thanks,

Geez guys, I'll re-send it to net.rumor.  Once.
BTW, when you say `score' it ALWAYS refers to %.  No matter which
version you take.

still the highest score of any bandykin at 86%,

-dave
--
David Hsu  (301) 454-1433 || -8798	"It was Dave, not me..honest!" -eneevax
Communication & Signal Processing Lab / Engineering Computer Facility
The University of Maryland   -~-   College Park, MD 20742
ARPA:hsu@eneevax.umd.edu  UUCP:[seismo,allegra,rlgvax]!umcp-cs!eneevax!hsu

"Who cometh to the bridge of death must answer me these questions three,
 'ere the other side he see....aiggggh!"

glenn@c3pe.UUCP (D. Glenn Arthur Jr.) (07/18/86)

In article <932@bu-cs.UUCP>, sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) writes:
> >I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%
> I got a 59.9.
> 	- Shelli
44.25  (but I'm woring on it).
		--Glenn

Wonder how far this will go before somebody moves it to net.rumor.

<<giggle>>

In article <13@eneevax.UUCP> hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) writes:

>>>I'm assuming that that figure is a %.  I scored 65.5%
>>>Peter
>>Could you please repost the purity test?
>>Thanks,
>Geez guys, I'll re-send it to net.rumor.  Once.
>BTW, when you say `score' it ALWAYS refers to %.  No matter which
>version you take.
>
>still the highest score of any bandykin at 86%,
>-dave

	I've got you *ALL* beat:

	92.75%

	And, no, I'm *not* kidding.  I was brought up with a sense of morals
(of course, it may have something to do with me being Catholic... :-).

 ________                ___
           \            /___--__                Leo L. Schwab
  ___  ___ /\               ---##\              ihnp4!ptsfa!well!ewhac
      /   X  \_____    |  __ _---))                      ..or..
     /   /_\--    -----+==____\ // \  _         well ---\
___ (   o---+------------------O/   \/ \        dual ----> !unicom!ewhac
     \     /                ___ \_  (`o )       hplabs -/       ("AE-wack")
 ____ \___/                          \_/
              Recumbent Bikes:                  "Work FOR?  I don't work FOR
            The _O_n_l_y Way To Fly!                anybody!  I'm just having fun."

WGRCU@CUNYVM.BITNET (07/20/86)

This is a test of our new local VM NETNEWS. This is the City University
of New York.

madhav@uicsl.UUCP (07/20/86)

Just Testing !

mcb@k.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Browne) (07/20/86)

In article <13@eneevax.UUCP> hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) writes:

>>>I scored 65.5%
>>>Peter
>
>still the highest score of any bandykin at 86%,
>-dave

92%.  (Maybe I should just give up and become a hermit?)
--
UUCP: ..!seismo!k.cs.cmu.edu!mcb		      ARPA: mcb@k.cs.cmu.edu

                       Images of a Friday Night
The slightly drunken former graduate student, having washed down his meal of
bread and honey with three jars worth of maraschino cherry juice, put aside
his Philip Dick novel and started to listen to the subtle counterpoint
between The Soft Boys instrumental on the stereo and the Peter Gabriel video
on MTV as he remembered her, bleeding.

fritzz@net1.UUCP (07/22/86)

>>still the highest score of any bandykin at 86%,
>	92.75%

whoooeee. where have you guys been. (Am I the only one that's even
close to my age?)

ami@mhuxi.UUCP (CHANDRA) (07/31/86)

Could someone please repost the purity test to which the displayed scores
refer.  I am curious how it compares with one that I saw several years
ago.  Thanks.

has@psuecl.BITNET (08/04/86)