[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Any users of Zortech C++ and Views out there?

tremmel@iras7.ira.uka.de (Wolfgang Tremmel) (01/22/91)

hi!
Is there anybody using Zortech's C++ Compiler to build programs for MS-Windows.
Is it better than C and SDK?

Wolfgang

johnm@spudge.UUCP (John Munsch) (01/30/91)

In article <91.022.14:05:15@ira.uka.de> tremmel@iras7.ira.uka.de (Wolfgang Tremmel) writes:
>Is there anybody using Zortech's C++ Compiler to build programs for MS-Windows.
>Is it better than C and SDK?

I tried C++ Views but it presents a formidible challange to getting started.
They really don't lay out enough examples of designing apps with it, either in
the manual or on disk.  For the moment I've put off trying to develop with it.

Thus far, everything I've done (of any significance) has been done with
Zortech C++ and the SDK.  Is it better?  Well, that depends upon your
definition of better.  If your definition of better includes...

	1) Faster compilation.
	2) Better optimization.
	3) Bug fixes on a frequent (rather than annual) schedule.
	4) The advantages of C++ over C.
	5) Cheaper price.

...then yes, it is better than MSC 6.0 and the SDK. :-)

John Munsch
"My statements about C++ Views are obviously just my opinion.  My statements
 about Zortech over MSC are just as obviously, fact."

pmoore@hemel.bull.co.uk (Paul Moore) (02/04/91)

There is a C++/views mailing list/problem sharing group.

Mail pmoore@hemel.bull.co.uk