[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Full screen windows

rob@jarthur.claremont.edu (Rob McKaughan) (02/02/91)

This may be a very naive question, but:

How do you create a full screen window like Corel Draw's full screen
preview, or any screen saver does?

Do you have to get down to low level GDI or what?

Rob
rob@jarthur.claremont.edu
uunet!jarthur!rob

gpsteffl@sunee.waterloo.edu (Glenn Patrick Steffler) (02/05/91)

In article <10623@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> rob@jarthur.claremont.edu (Rob McKaughan) writes:
>This may be a very naive question, but:

No question is too naive concerning windows programming.

>How do you create a full screen window like Corel Draw's full screen
>preview, or any screen saver does?

Easily.

Open a "static" window without the WS_BORDER or WS_CAPTION styles.  Then
grab a DC for the window, and wail away at it.  Works for me.  By the way,
to capture keyboard messages, simply peekmessage the window handle returned
for WM_KEY* messages (*not* WM_CHAR).  I have had problems capturing mouse
input, so I simply set the mouse capture to the window, and peekmessage
for any WM_MOUSE* messages.  Hey, it may not be elegant, but it works!

>Do you have to get down to low level GDI or what?

Ack! Ouppt! Pfftspht!  NO!

--
Co-Op Scum                            "Bo doesn't know software" - George Brett

"The galaxial hearth steams the sea as the sky blood red embrasses darkness"
-John Constantine (HellBlazer)                          Glenn Steffler