[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Borland's windows

hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu (Hans van Oostrom) (02/14/91)

Just talked to Borland and the product introduced yesterday is called
ObjectVision.  Appearently it is a tool to create windows 3.0
programs, but they did not know much about it yet.  Is this the
Borland SDK we have been waiting for?  There is an introductory price
of $99.95 if you own any Borland products.

Hans van Oostrom
PO Box J-254, JHMHC                 hans@ufpine                (BITNET)
Gainesville, FL  32601, USA         hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu    (INTERNET)

larry@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Larry Maturo) (02/14/91)

In article <26886@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu (Hans van Oostrom) writes:

>   Just talked to Borland and the product introduced yesterday is called
>   ObjectVision.  Appearently it is a tool to create windows 3.0
>   programs, but they did not know much about it yet.  Is this the
>   Borland SDK we have been waiting for?  There is an introductory price
>   of $99.95 if you own any Borland products.

I believe that ObjectVision is some sort of interface to their database
engine that runs under Windows.  I believe you can make forms and do
database kind of things with it if you have thier database.  This has
nothing to do with their Pascal and C++ products from what I have seen.

+-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
|                                   |                                        |
| Larry Maturo                      | Opinions expressed herein must be      |
| Applied Research Laboratories     | yours, neither I nor my employer have  |
| University of Texas at Austin     | any.                                   |
| P.O. Box 8029                     +----------------------------------------+
| Austin, Texas 78713-8029          |                                        |
|                                   | When you're as great as I am it's hard |
| larry @titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu | to be modest, but I succeed where      |
|                                   | others fail.                           |
+-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------+

ergo@netcom.COM (Isaac Rabinovitch) (02/15/91)

In <26886@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu (Hans van Oostrom) writes:

>Just talked to Borland and the product introduced yesterday is called
>ObjectVision.  Appearently it is a tool to create windows 3.0
>programs, but they did not know much about it yet.  Is this the
>Borland SDK we have been waiting for?  There is an introductory price
>of $99.95 if you own any Borland products.

Saw part of a demo yesterday.  It's not the new C/C++ development
product, which was released at the same time.  The Borland person
described ObjectVision as "What Toolbook should have been."  I *think*
I heard him say that the $100 price tag was available to everyone, but
only until the end of the month.  The C product is the one with
"upgrade" pricing.

>Hans van Oostrom
>PO Box J-254, JHMHC                 hans@ufpine                (BITNET)
>Gainesville, FL  32601, USA         hans@pine.circa.ufl.edu    (INTERNET)
That's easy for you to say!
--

	ergo@netcom.com 			Isaac Rabinovitch
	netcom!ergo@apple.com			Silicon Valley, CA

   (specific statement withheld at this time for operational reasons)