[comp.windows.ms.programmer] "New and Improved" CUA specifications

burgoyne@eng.umd.edu (John R. Burgoyne) (02/18/91)

In article <70625@microsoft.UUCP> kensy@microsoft.UUCP (Ken SYKES) writes:

>Small note: The "new and improved" CUA puts Help as the rightmost menu item,
>but not flush against the right margin.  Take a look at the accessory apps
>to see what I mean.  In case you care about CUA...

Where is this available? Is this a supplement to the book authored by IBM
and included with the Win3 SDK?

BTW,

Word for Windows ver. 1.1,       is dated 07/03/90        Help is flush right
MS Project for Windows ver. 1.0  is dated 04/26/90        Help is flush right
MS accessory apps for Win3      are dated 05/01/90 Help is as described by Ken
Crosstalk for Windows ver. 1.1   is dated 04/30/90        Help is flush right

Maybe somebody should let the non-compliant ones know.

Personally, it seems logical to put Help flush right. What are other peoples
opinions?

Is there a legitimate reason for not having Help flush right?

Post to the group or email me your opinion of where Help should be
and I'll summarize if there is sufficient response.

Robert
burgoyne@eng.umd.edu