[comp.windows.ms.programmer] Windows image grabber

mcorlett@ibmpcug.co.uk (M A Corlett) (02/18/91)

Dear All,

Does anybody know of a tool which allows me to grab images of entire windows
from the desktop, so I can paste them into documents? Something like Zoomin,
but with an Edit menu.

Thanks.

Mike Corlett
mcorlett@ibmpcug.co.uk
--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not

mcl9337@aim1.tamu.edu (MARK CHRISTOPHER LOWE) (02/19/91)

In article <1991Feb18.133945.1293@ibmpcug.co.uk> mcorlett@ibmpcug.co.uk (M A Corlett) writes:
>Does anybody know of a tool which allows me to grab images of entire windows
>from the desktop, so I can paste them into documents? Something like Zoomin,
>but with an Edit menu.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but I was quite surprised a few days ago
to find out that if you hit PrintScrn from inside Windows, an image of the
current screen will be placed in the Clipboard.  From there, you can paste it
into Paintbrush or some other utility and butcher it to your heart's content.

Enjoy...

Mark C. "Bro!" Lowe - KB5III