[comp.windows.ms.programmer] C 6.00 Bug List

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (02/07/91)

I just purchased Microsoft C 6.00 (tag on the box is labeled C6.00) and am
planning on doing some Windows 3.0 development.  Is there a bug list or
anything that I should know before pursuing any projects?

Brian

antonio@qualcom.qualcomm.com (Franklin Antonio) (02/19/91)

In article <26758@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:

>I just purchased Microsoft C 6.00 (tag on the box is labeled C6.00) and am
>planning on doing some Windows 3.0 development.  Is there a bug list or
>anything that I should know before pursuing any projects?

The bug list for C 6.00 is so long that it just isn't worth reading.
Look at the message that appears when you run the compiler.  Look to see
whether you have 6.00 or 6.00a .  If you have 6.00, then run to a telephone
and call Microsoft.  They will send you the "a" version.  With 6.00, i had
a fatal compiler error or bad code generated approx every 2000 lines of
code!  6.00a, on the other hand, works very well for me.  I've ported over
100,000 lines of code to MS C 6.00a with no problems worth mentioning.

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.081101.19806@qualcomm.com> antonio@qualcom.qualcomm.com (Franklin Antonio) writes:
>In article <26758@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
>>
>>I just purchased Microsoft C 6.00 (tag on the box is labeled C6.00)
>>[...]Is there a bug list [...]
>
>The bug list for C 6.00 is so long that it just isn't worth reading.
>[...]

It wouldn't be worth reading to me if it were 1 line.  Please repeat after me:
All the world is not IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world is not
IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world
is not IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world is not IBM...

This message was posted to comp.lang.c where it has absolutely *no* revelence.
Please pardon the intrusion on the ibm groups, where this question properly
belongs.
--
Dave Schaumann      | Is this question undecidable?
dave@cs.arizona.edu |

jack@cscdec.cs.com (Jack Hudler) (02/21/91)

In article <899@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) writes:
>In article <1991Feb19.081101.19806@qualcomm.com> antonio@qualcom.qualcomm.com (Franklin Antonio) writes:
>>In article <26758@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
>>>
>>>I just purchased Microsoft C 6.00 (tag on the box is labeled C6.00)
>>>[...]Is there a bug list [...]
>>
>>The bug list for C 6.00 is so long that it just isn't worth reading.
>>[...]
>
>It wouldn't be worth reading to me if it were 1 line.  Please repeat after me:
>All the world is not IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world is not
>IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world
>is not IBM... All the world is not IBM... All the world is not IBM...

Correct all the world is not IBM, however C6.00 is produced by Microsoft not
IBM. And your comment "It wouldn't be worth reading to me if it were 1 line."
just goes to show me you don't run any compiler! Meaning if you don't use
a compiler with 1 bug in it then you don't use anyones compiler at all!
--
Jack           Computer Support Corporation             Dallas,Texas
Hudler         Internet: jack@cscdec.cs.com