[net.test] Categorized Movie Ratings

miker@cord.UUCP (Mike Roberson) (08/27/86)

i caught the: \(br\|line-eater\|\(br\l'|0\(rn'\l'|0\(ul'!

In article <583@cylixb.UUCP> dave@cylixb.UUCP (Dave Kirby) writes:
> ---------------------- CHANGE OF SUBJECT -------------------------
>
> I have been thinking some about the movie ratings...
> A better system would be to rate the movies in different categories,
> such as language, violence, adult themes, nudity, grossness, ...
> Violence:
>    R: All the blood and guts you want. Some scenes must still be
>	censored, however. For instance, you can saw a man's arm off
>	with a chainsaw, provided that just when the chainsaw touches
>	the arm the camera shifts away to a nearby object that gets
>	splattered with blood (Scarface). You can't show the arm
	                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>	dropping off and spurting all over the rug. That's an
	^^^^^^^^^^^^
>	automatic X.

> Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgua!cylixd!cylixb!dave)

(this is not a flame)

If i recall correctly, in "Cat People", doesn't a _cat_ latch onto and yank
off an entire (left) arm of some (male) character? Don't we see whats left,
which is about eight inches of bone coming out from the shoulder, just kind
of waving around, WITH blood spurting all over the ground? (And i shouldn't
even use the word A?IEN, but what about someones stomach exploding...?)
Maybe they didn't actually SHOW the arm being ripped off...
--
"Stoneware - prehistoric computers"
Mike "Trust Me" Roberson               UUCP: {ihnp4,cbosgd,akgua}!cord!miker