[comp.windows.ms.programmer] How do you set the key repeat delay in win3?

sambo@milton.milton.u.washington.edu (The Grand Overseer) (03/06/91)

The control panel gives you control of the repeat rate but how do you set
the delay?  Right now the delay is too long.  I've looked through the
Windows user guide and all the SDK docs but haven't found any mention of
how this is controlled.

jlr1801@aim1.tamu.edu (Jeff Rife) (03/07/91)

In article <SAMBO.91Mar5111304@milton.milton.u.washington.edu> sambo@milton.milton.u.washington.edu (The Grand Overseer) writes:
>The control panel gives you control of the repeat rate but how do you set
>the delay?  Right now the delay is too long.  I've looked through the
>Windows user guide and all the SDK docs but haven't found any mention of
>how this is controlled.

It can't be from stock Windows.

If, however, you have DOS 4.0, use the mode command to set the rate before
you run Windows, and make sure you remove the line in WIN.INI that references
the keyboard speed.  (I think it is KeyboardSpeed)

--
Jeff Rife   P.O. Box 3836   |   "Because he was human; because he had goodness;
College Station, TX 77844   |    because he was moral they called him insane.