[comp.windows.ms.programmer] WordBASIC

Hubert Lai <LAIH@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (03/12/91)

I am working on a Word for Windows macro.  What I want to do is create a
dialog box with a listbox, an "OK" button, a "Cancel" button, and a
"Options" button.  I have no problems creating the dialog box with the
listbox and the first two buttons.  However, I cannot figure out how to
create the third button.  Is this possible?

<=- Hubert

gg2@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Guy Gallo) (03/17/91)

In article <91071.142957LAIH@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> LAIH@QUCDN.QueensU.CA (Hubert Lai) writes:
>I am working on a Word for Windows macro.  What I want to do is create a
>dialog box with a listbox, an "OK" button, a "Cancel" button, and a
>"Options" button.  I have no problems creating the dialog box with the
>listbox and the first two buttons.  However, I cannot figure out how to
>create the third button.  Is this possible?

the current version of WordBASIC has no support for additional buttons
beyone OK and CANCEL -- at least not grey, variable size buttons.

You can use the OptionButton, OptionGroup statements to create a series
of buttons that will be acted upon when you select Ok.

What I have done in a similar situation is create an OptionGroup of two
OptionButtons.  The first is labeled <nothing> and is the default.  The
second is labeled Options:  either selecting options or double clicking
on it will perform the functions associated with dlg.Options = 1 (that is,
the second button).