[comp.windows.ms.programmer] MicroEMACS for Windows

scott@cs.hw.ac.uk (Scott Telford) (03/19/91)

In article <29526@cs.yale.edu> spolsky-joel@cs.yale.edu (Joel Spolsky) writes:

>Another note: I found you can test for the DOS version as follows:
>
>!if &seq $version "3.10"
>	; Whatever you want to do only on the DOS version, like
>        ; setting colors or binding i-shell.
>!endif
>
>This way you can use the same emacs.rc for both setups. The Windows
>version sets $version to "3.10e".

No! v3.10e does *not* refer to the Windows version! v3.10e was an
ordinary interim release of uEMACS released sometime early last year.
It just so happens that the Windows version was based on v3.10e.

BTW, the *very* latest release is v3.10m - it's been available by FTP from
midas.mgmt.purdue.edu since March 7. It's got various bugfixes, support
for the NEC PC9801 and Fujitsu FMR-70 Japanese DOS machines, pop-up
windows (like Jove), extended regexps and DOS & OS/2 file locking.
| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|

barryf@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Barry B. Floyd) (03/21/91)

scott@cs.hw.ac.uk (Scott Telford) writes:

>In article <29526@cs.yale.edu> spolsky-joel@cs.yale.edu (Joel Spolsky) writes:
>>
>>Another note: I found you can test for the DOS version as follows:
>>
>>!if &seq $version "3.10"
>>	; Whatever you want to do only on the DOS version, like
>>        ; setting colors or binding i-shell.
>>!endif
>>
>>This way you can use the same emacs.rc for both setups. The Windows
>>version sets $version to "3.10e".

>No! v3.10e does *not* refer to the Windows version! v3.10e was an
>ordinary interim release of uEMACS released sometime early last year.
>It just so happens that the Windows version was based on v3.10e.

>BTW, the *very* latest release is v3.10m - it's been available by FTP from
>midas.mgmt.purdue.edu since March 7. It's got various bugfixes, support
>for the NEC PC9801 and Fujitsu FMR-70 Japanese DOS machines, pop-up
>windows (like Jove), extended regexps and DOS & OS/2 file locking.
>| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
>| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
>|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|

Would someone load the latest version to CICA.CICA.INDIANA.EDU? It may be
out of date.

barry

| Barry B. Floyd                   \\\       barry_floyd@mts.rpi.edu |
| Manager Information Systems - HR    \\\          usere9w9@rpitsmts |